This is the AKA Racing pair of 1/10 scale GridIron SC PM Clay Tires with Foam Inserts included for the Associated SC10 4x4. AKA’s GridIron SC Clay Tire was designed for tracks that are hard packed but start off with a bit of dust. The GridIron is a great as an outdoor or indoor alternative.Features:
- Designed for tracks that get hard packed but start off with a bit of dust
- A great outdoor or as an indoor alternative
- Square outer pins and bar center pins allow for great traction and long tire life compared to other small pin tires
- For the Associated SC10 4x4
- Innovative inner carcass design made to perfectly fit the industry standard AKA 1/10buggy closed cell foams
- More consistent handling and tread wear
- Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality
- Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers
- AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available
The GridIron’s bar center pins and square outer pins allow for long tire life and greater traction when compared to other small pin tires. All AKA SC tires feature the industry standard 2.2/3 bead sizes. AKA’s engineers, Mark and Gil, have designed a truly innovative inner carcass design that’s been made to fit the industry standard AKA 1/10 buggy closed cell foams perfectly. The result is a much more controlled outer sidewall for more consistent handling and improved tread wear. Say goodbye to cranking in tons of camber to keep the tire patch flat on the ground.
Every single tire tread is track tested and computer designed by AKA’s engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and their team drivers to provide you with the best performance before each tire goes into production.
AKA tires have an extremely long lifespan due to the collective decades of rubber compound development that engineer Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for creating some of the most popular and successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
Everyone knows that tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's more than a priority in AKA tires. AKA’s mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to provide you with the best possible alignment of all the mold components. The result is a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
AKA tire molds are proudly made in the U.S.A. using only the most advance mold-making processes and techniques available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.Includes:
Two AKA Racing 1/10 scale GridIron SC Clay Tires with Foam Inserts included