This is the Associated Apex Touring V-Type RTR. Associated’s exciting new line of sport-level products, the Qualifier Series, were designed to be easy to use, lower cost, durable, and provide an easy way to get into the RC hobby.
The Associated Apex Touring Car is the newest release from the successful and popular Qualifier Series. It’s a fully assembled, Reedy brushless-powered, Ready-to-Run, 4WD touring car that even includes a Reedy WolfPack 6-cell battery that comes pre-wired with a Deans power connector.
Additional features include the XP2G 2.4GHz 2-channel Radio System and XP water-resistant speed control. Imperfections in the road are managed by four fluid-filled, adjustable, coil-over shocks. The rear and front sealed gear differentials are connected together with a tough aluminum drive shaft that handles all of the Reedy brushless power. The treaded high grip racing tires are mounted on 10-Spoke hex drive wheels, and it’s topped off with a custom Team Lucas detailed race body.
Six (6) AA batteries
NiMH battery charger with Deans Ultra Plug connector
- Water-resistant XP SC500-BL brushless electronic speed control with Deans Ultra Plug (2S-3S LiPo compatible)
- XP2G 2.4GHz 2-channel Radio System
- Composite modular chassis accepts NiMH or LiPo type batteries
- Factory-finished authentic touring car body
- Steel CVA drive axles front and rear
- Sealed metal gear differentials
- Fully assembled Ready-To-Run shaft-drive 4WD Touring Car
- Powerful Reedy 3300kV 540 brushless motor
- Reedy WolfPack 6-cell NiMH battery with Deans Ultra Plug connector included
- Ten-spoke touring wheels with high-grip racing tires
- Fluid filled adjustable shock absorbers
- Metric hardware and ball bearings throughout
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Touring Car
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Ready-To-Run
Length: 425mm (16.73in)
Width: 190mm (7.48in)
Wheelbase: 259mm (10.2in)
Weight: 1760g (3.88lbs)
- Associated Apex Touring 1/10
Review Summary (Based on 2 Reviews)
I have to say I am very impressed with this rc touring car. I spent many months trying to decide between the Apex touring and the sprint 2 and I think picking the Apex was a great choice. From opening the box I could tell how great the quality of the vehicle was. It came with the car completely assembled and with a 2.4 ifhss radio. The radio had lots of great features like D/R, ATV, Trims and the feel of the radio was very comfortable. The car was designed very sturdy and made of very thick layers of plastic. The electronics were great on the first run i was surprised how fast it was even tin a nimh battery. When i ran it on 3s i did not dare push full throttle. So far i have had 2 runs and its great. I would definrtly recommend this to anyone looking for a onroad touring car.