This is the Associated RC10B5M 1/10 scale 2WD Electric Team Buggy Kit. Associated purposely designed the RC10B5M to excel on high-grip and high-speed tracks.
- Aluminum chassis fits ROAR approved 2S saddle and short packs using the included foam insert
- Rear wheel drive
- New transmission design has ball bearings, stronger gears, and VTS slipper clutch
- 14 carbide ball type differential with lightweight outdrives
- B5 clear buggy body
- Gullwing type front suspension, with heavy duty steering and caster blocks, and insert system allows easy caster and trailing axle adjustments
- Steering is made up of full ball bearing with horizontal ball studs for finer Ackermann adjustments (Ackermann describes the effect of the inner front wheel turning faster that the outer front wheel during turns)
- Plastic white dish wheels, front, 0.94" (24mm) wide, 2.4" (61mm) diameter, rear 1.5" (38mm) wide, 2.4" (61mm) diameter
- Factory Team V2 12mm Big Bore hard anodized aluminum shocks
- Ball type differentials with lightweight outdrives
- Adjustable caster/toe-in and camber
The designers and engineers of Associated's Area 51 created the RC10B5M to specifically address the demands of racing on high-grip, high-speed tracks where the mid-motor chassis is at its best. The new chassis and suspension adjustments allow the platform to be tuned for both multi-surface and dirt, while maintaining the forgiving driving style racers have become accustomed to with Associated vehicles.
One Associated RC10B5M Team 1/10 scale 2WD Electric Buggy Kit with body with wing decals, wheels, shock oil and an instruction manual
Radio: Two-channel with high-speed servo
Radio Batteries: (8) AA size
Tires of racer's choice
Pinion Gear: Number of teeth to be determined by motor
Motor: 540 size for buggy applications (the DuraTrax Element 3900kV Brushless System (DTXC3122) is an ideal, affordable motor and ESC for this vehicle).
Battery: 6-cell NiMH with standard connector OR 2S LiPo battery
Battery Charger: To match selected battery
Building and track equipment