This is the Associated RC12R5.2 Factory Team Kit. The RC12R5.2 is the next evolutionary step in Associated's esteemed 35 years of 1:12 scale racing history. Utilizing what their designers and engineers discovered while racing the RC12R5.1 and applying the latest technologies, the Associated RC12R5.2 was designed to exploit every possible and plausible advantage on the race track- where it counts most.
The Associated RC12R5.2 features what is considered to be the best 1:12 scale front end design to date; the I.F.M.A.R. World Championship-winning Dynamic Strut front end. This front end has symmetrical components and an adjustable caster and track width. The 12R5.2 also improves the front end design by updating its lower control arms with much more accurate mounting, giving you a more precise build every time.
- Innovative through-shaft center shock
- Side damper tubes for freer rear pod movement
- New, updated left rear bulkhead and motor mount for improved durability
- Brushless motor optimized 3-point upper pod plate, with graphite motor mount cross-brace
- Aluminum side spring retainers give you more accurate and easier adjustments
- Pivot-Ball rear pod design, hard anodized aluminum pivot balls and new rear pod links
- Extremely rigid 2.5mm thick chassis with centralized LiPo battery mounting position fits R.O.A.R.-approved 3.7V LiPo battery packs
- I.F.M.A.R. World Championship-winning Dynamic Strut front end with symmetrical components, adjustable caster and track width, including updated lower control arms for more precise mounting
The Associated 12R5.2 uses a wide three-point rear pod that’s ideal for brushless motors, and Associated has beefed up the blue, rear aluminum bulkheads to maximize their durability and rigidity. And lastly, tying the two bulkheads together is the new carbon fiber motor mount cross-brace, which gives you further rear end durability and rigidity.
The 12R5.2 was built on the super-rigid 2.5mm woven tough carbon fiber chassis, with a centralized LiPo battery mounting position that fits R.O.A.R.-approved 3.7V LiPo battery packs. Connecting the rear end to the chassis is its pivot-ball link rear suspension, allowing more independent adjustments for chassis roll, bump, and alignment. New to the Associated 12R5.2 are the refined aluminum side spring retainers which provide you with easier and more accurate suspension adjustments.
The Associated 12R5.2's center shock utilizes the through-shaft design, which causes equalized damping throughout the full stroke of the shock in both directions, without giving you any unwanted rebound. Roll is now controlled with the new side damper tubes, which offer freer rear pod movement and easier maintenance. The Associated 12R5.2 puts this all together for a rear end that hooks up and stays hooked up throughout the imperfections of the track surface, all making for faster lap times.
If you are a serious 1:12 scale racer looking for world-class performance, or if you just want to rule the class at your local track, either way, the RC12R5.2 is the no-compromise chassis that will get you there!
Electronic speed control
RC electric motor
1:12 scale body
Paint for body
Glue for wheels and tires
Steering servo for 1:12 scale
R.O.A.R.-approved 3.7V LiPo battery
RC 2-channel surface frequency radio system
Battery charger (peak detection charger recommended)
Tools: Hex wrenches, hobby knife, needlenose pliers, wire cutters, Lexan scissors (#ASC1737)
Other suggested items: Reamer/hole punch, CA glue (#1597), thread-locking glue (#ASC1596), silicone fluid