This is the Axial SCX10 Deadbolt 1/10 scale 4WD Rock Crawler Truck Kit.
Axial’s SCX10 platform is the proven chassis-of-choice for scale enthusiasts around the globe. Axial has taken the popular Deadbolt body from the AX10 chassis and placed it on the SCX10, giving it a new factory body choice and a cool scale appearance.
The Axial Deadbolt body with realistic driver figure, officially licensed Walker Evans Racing wheels, and officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires makes the SCX10 Deadbolt the go-to vehicle for realistic scale video action.
One Axial SCX10 Deadbolt 1/10 scale 4WD Rock Crawler Truck Kit with a AX-3 2-channel 2.4GHz Radio, AE-5 ESC, 27T Brushed Motor, Decals, and an Instruction Manual
Four AA Batteries for Transmitter (4)
Battery: 7.2V NiMH 6-cell stick pack or 7.4V 2S LiPo pack
Battery Charger: Compatible with selected battery
- 4 wheel shaft driven with WB8 wild boar driveshafts and constant velocity joint design
- AX-3 2-channel 2.4GHz radio with high torque 132 oz/in AS-3 digital steering servo
- 27T brushed motor
- Oil filled dual rate with realistic looking non-functional coilover shock reservoir and plastic bodies
- Deadbolt style body with painted hood cowl, interior, scale helmet, decals and fuel cell
- Maxxis Trepador R35 tires with a sticky compound, 1.43" (36mm) wide, 4.6" (117mm) diameter
- 1.9" wide Walker Evans wheels, made of black nylon, 12mm hex
- Front Bumper is an officially licensed Poison Spyder Rock Brawler with functional D Rings, and mounting holes for LED lights (lights not included)
- Scale steel C-channel chassis with cross bracing for reinforcement and assembled with hex hardware
- One-piece sintered metal diff locker reduces slop in drive train by eliminating cross pin
- AE-5 LiPo compatible ESC with forward, reverse and drag brake function, waterproof and 3S LiPo compatible
- 48 pitch, 20 tooth pinion gear
- Transmission was designed to place motor weight as low as possible to maintain a low CG, adjustable ratio from 15:1 - 74:1, dual slipper clutch with 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications allows transmission to slip in hard binds
- 4-link optimized rear suspension to reduce axle steer and torque twist
Length: 21.24" (540mm)
Width: 9" (229mm)
Height: 9" (229mm)
Wheelbase: .3" (313mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.7" (68mm)
Weight: 4.65lb (2.1kg)
Review Summary (Based on 1 Reviews)
The Deadbolt is a decent truck. The wishbone in the front end detached on my third run allowing water into the servo, which killed it. After switching to the four link Suspension (four link setup is in your extra parts bag) and replacing the servo. I've had zero problems with this rig. It's performed fantastically everywhere I've ran it. Rocks, water, mud, hill climbs. It has no quarrels about any of it.
RC Planet is an awesome site. The prices are nice. (cheaper than some of the other sites). The customer service with RC Planet was fantastic. I had no problems contacting the company on multiple occasions. Both via email, and phone. They even shipped my truck the same day I ordered it. My only beef with my transaction at RC Planet was the free shipping. It took a week to get from Utah to Kentucky. Although that's FedEx, not RC Planet. Otherwise Fantastic truck, and store. I will shop here again, and again.