This is the Axial Wraith Rock Racer 4WD Kit. The Axial Wraith Rock Racer kit includes upgraded parts that make this kit a solid platform. The Axial Wraith Kit is ready for your choice of electronics, allowing you to build suited to your driving style.
Axial Wraith Rock Racer kit with Cockpit, Tires, Wheels, Foam Inserts Body Panels, Light Buckets and Instruction Manual
Servo: High-torque, standard size
ESC: Axial AE-2 recommended
Motor: 540 size
Battery: 7.2V NiMH 6-cell stick pack or 7.4V 2S LiPo pack
Battery Charger: For selected battery type
AA Batteries: Four or eight depending on selected transmitter
- Off Center Pumpkin Design (AR60 OCP-Axle): Four Wheel Drive locked differentials improve traction and the off center pumpkin design provides improved ground clearance and a better driveshaft angle. Axial mixed things up by shaving off any excess items off the rear axle and the steering linkages have been removed for an extreme amount of ground clearance. Axial used high strength composite material in the creation of the AR60 OCP-Axle. Axial’s high strength composite material features a low flex rate but isn’t nearly as brittle as the standard glass filled nylon. The Axle tubes are reinforced and amplified with a boxed-in axle truss that distributes the stress and strain over a larger area. The combo of the AR60 OCP-Axle and the 4-link suspension will give you the ultimate performance for every terrain!
- Universal Joint Axles: Axial’s universal joint axles increase the steering angle by 10 degrees over your stock dogbone/drive cup setup. These joint axles also provide smoother action for a better performing, more efficient drivetrain. The universal joint axle is oversized; a design you’d see on 1/8 scale vehicles. The joint axle is made of hardened steel, so it’s more than capable of handling extreme power.
- WB8 Wild Boar Driveshafts: The Axial Wraith Kit features a metal to metal universal joint driveshaft system with a splined plastic slider. This design allows more durability than the traditional driveshaft designs.
- 4-Link Suspension: The Wraith Kit’s suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design that’s optimized to minimize axle steer and give the right amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. Axial’s 4-Link system helps prevent against suspension wrap-up in high power applications. The Wraith’s lower suspension links are machined from aluminum to minimize flex and provide excellent control over even the roughest terrain. Measuring 7x87.5mm, these oversized 7mm diameter aluminum tubes are threaded at both ends for convenient assembly and make for an extremely durable 4-link suspension.
- Tuned Shock Springs: Finding the right spring rate can feel impossible. Axial made it simple for you by including what they think is the right balance of high speed and harsh terrain handling. The softer spring rate keeps the Axial Wraith on course and ready for your next obstacle!
- Slipper Clutch: The Wraith’s slipper clutch allows the motor to work much more efficiently and greatly enhances the durability of the drivetrain, enabling the transmission to slip in hard binds.
- Spur Gear Cover: The protective transmission spur gear cover on the Wraith helps keep dirt and debris out of your spur and pinion gear for a efficient, quiet drivetrain.
- All Hex Hardware: All hex hardware for easy assembly. No Philips screwdrivers required!
- Full Tube Frame Chassis: Axial’s first and most realistic tube frame high strength composite chassis on the market. Axial’s high strength composite plastic is impact resistant, helping to protect the Wraith from crash damage.
- Battery Tray: Battery tray for Standard Stick Pack and LiPo Packs
- Battery: 7.2v Stick Pack/2S LiPo Pack up to 47x150x28mm (W x L x D) in size.
- Durable Skidplate: The skidplate protects the Wraith’s transmission and other critical components while providing a nice, flat surface to help the Wraith slide over rocks or other obstacles.
- Light Buckets: The Wraith kit includes 14 light buckets! (7 different styles. LED’S not included). These light buckets hold either 3mm or 5mm LED lights.
- 2.2 Ripsaw Tires R35 Compound: The aggressive, scale tread design, impressive ground clearance, and R35 compound offer an authentic look for the image-conscious scale crawler who’s looking to improve their performance game.)
- 2.2 Raceline Renegade Wheels: Raceline is by far one of the most popular wheels for extreme off-roading. The Raceline Renegade Wheels gives the Axial Wraith that authentic racing look as well as providing the strength and durability to handle whatever you can dish out!
- 12mm Hex Mount: Reinforced with additional material and ribbing for extra durability
- Vertically Mounted ESC: The Wraith’s ESC is held securely in place vertically by a clip-in style plastic mounting system that’s behind the radio box. Facing the rear of the Wraith helps keep water and debris away from the ESC.
- Waterproof Receiver Box: The Wraith’s waterproof receiver box protects the receiver from debris and dust and its waterproof for the ultimate in weather protection.
Wheelbase: 343mm (13.5")
Width: 295.3mm (11.6")
Height: 228.6mm (9")
Ground Clearance: 76.2mm (3")
Weight (no electronics): 2.22kg (4.9 lbs")
Suspension Links: 7mm Aluminum Lower Links
Axles: Universal Joint Axles
Shock Springs: Purple (Soft)
Tires: R35 Compound (soft)
Body: Clear body panels
Review Summary (Based on 4 Reviews)
Nice truck with good scale looks and parts support.
love my wraith kit. the shipping time was horrible. took them nearly a week just to "process" my order to get it shipped out then another week to recieve it. i do wish the wraith kit would come with more metal hop ups.
I purchased an Axial Wraith Kit ,lowest price and fast shipping .Two Thumbs up !!!
Every thing I order was correct, and the shipping was fast!