The Three-80 Brushless Motors are perfectly matched with Novak's Mongoose’s Brushless/Brush ESC to maximize performance and handle with the agility and speed of a mongoose. The Three-80 Micro Pro Brushless Motor Series is available in three motor winds:
* Three-80 Micro Pro Brushless Motor 8.5T is 8.5 turns and 9,000 Kv and recommended for drivers looking for the fastest Novak sensor-based Micro Brushless System. (#3450)
* Three-80 Micro Pro Brushless Motor 10.5T is 10.5 turns and 7,300 Kv and recommended for racers looking for a system that offers a great balance between power and runtime. (#3451)
* Three-80 Micro Pro Brushless Motor 13.5T is 13.5 turns and 6,000 Kv and recommended for users looking for power with the longest possible runtimes. (#3452)
Like the popular Novak Velociti brushless motors, the Three-80 Micro Pro motors feature a sensor commutation design. Knowledge of rotor position is key to smooth performance and is just as important in micro vehicles as in larger-scale vehicles. When the speed control always knows the rotor position, there is no hesitation before acceleration under load. The motor will provide smooth braking and controlled bursts of power. Other motor features include a high-strength, sintered Neodymium rotor for maximum motor acceleration, an oversized front bearing for increased load handling and bearing life, and a rugged 1/8” shaft diameter. Like all Novak brushless motors, the Three-80 Micro Pro motors are rebuildable.
Of its many features, its sensor-based design allows for most of the motor's important benefits, including the following:
* No Cogging--Thanks to constantly knowing the rotor position, the motor provides instantaneous throttle response and smooth transitions from neutral to drive. The rotor position knowledge is attained due to the ESC and motor being continuously synchronized via the motor harness.
* Smooth & Controlled Low Speed Driveability--Always knowing the rotor angle is key to smooth acceleration without delivering abrupt and uncontrolled bursts of power.
* Strong/Consistent Brakes & Starting Torque--Rotor position knowledge results in consistent starts and stops, without hesitation or inconsistent lag times before acceleration or braking--this translates to consistant lap times.
* Thermal Protection--Position and temperature sensors inside motor provide unparalleled thermal protection, letting you run pack after pack without worrying about overheating the motor, ESC or magnets.
All Novak brushless motors are designed by Novak in Irvine, Calif. Each motor is factory hand-wound and is put through rigorous testing, including a final dyno test to ensure that each motor meets Novak’s rigid specifications.
The Three-80 Micro Pro Brushless Motors are compatible with the Mongoose Micro Brushless/Brush ESC (#1718).
The Mongoose Micro Brushless/Brush ESC is a versatile, fully featured speed control specifically developed for micro applications. In addition to its compatibility with both brushless and brush motors, it instinctively knows via its Auto-Detect Brushed Mode when a brush motor is connected. Multiple throttle profiles are included for different driving styles, including a racing brushless profile for top-level forward performance and two profiles with reverse. Additional features of the Mongoose Micro ESC are its on-board programmability, built-in 2S & 3S Li-Po Cut-off Circuitry, heavy duty 6.0V/2A BEC and a water-resistant case.
The Mongoose Micro Brushless/Brush ESC (#1718) and the Mongoose Micro Brushless Systems [8.5-turn (#3050), 10.5-turn (#3051) and 13.5-turn (#3052)] are also available individually.
THREE-80 MICRO PRO BRUSHLESS MOTOR FEATURES
380-size brushless motor specifically designed by Novak for 1/16th to 1/18th scale micro vehicles
Oversized, rugged front bearing for increased load handling and bearing life
Multiple motor mount screw patterns
Lightweight ribbed aluminum end bells
Rebuildable design: user-replaceable rotor (#5915) and replacement front endbell & bearing kit (#5916)
Compatible with Novak Mod 0.6 Pinion Gears (#5200, #5201 & #5202) and Mod 0.5 Pinion Gears (#5210, #5211 & #5212)
Thermal Overload Protection (when used with a Novak Mongoose Brushless/Brush ESC)
Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
Designed, hand-wound and dyno-tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif.
Brushless ESC such as the Novak Mongoose