This is the Futaba 4PKS Pistol Grip Transmitter and the R614FS Receiver with the 2.4GHz FASST radio system. (Servos not included)
The Futaba 4PKS Radio System offers advancements and programming sophistication never before incorporated into a surface system – and the new R614FS receiver allows for even finer precision. All functions (including crawler features, 40-model memory, programmable mixing and menu customizing) are conveniently displayed on the LCD screen. Best of all, the 2.4GHz FASST technology provides the ultimate in dependability and security!
With a much lower latency (up to 2 times faster than the 4PK) the Futaba 4PKS radio system picks up where the 4PK left off. The 4PKS’ LCD screen on the stylish transmitter allows you view up to a total of 36 functions, plus an adapter is included for repositioning the angle and wheel height for maximum comfort and response.
- Futaba's FASST (Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology) shifts insanely fast, virtually eliminating signal interruptions and conflicts, unlike other 2.4GHz radio systems that only stay on one or two frequencies
- Pistol Grip features built-in vibrator that can be used as an up timer, lap timer, navigation aid or as a low-voltage alert
- 4-wheel steering mixing for improved rock crawling capabilities, plus new Updating program
- Futaba’s Pre-Vision Packet Screening technology scans incoming data for potential issues and applies sophisticated error correction techniques for a solid, impenetrable link with your model
- High voltage receiver (3.7 - 7.4V) for use with a wide range of NiCd, NiMH and LiPo packs
- Easy Link system features a unique ID code in the transmitter, links to the receiver insuring that the receiver follows commands from this transmitter- and with over 134 million possible codes there is no chance for a conflict
- Normal/High Speed mode auto detection
- Throttle Mode Select for choosing acceleration/brake servo neutral points between 70/30 for nitro or 50/50 for electrics, throttle programming options including expo, 5-point curve, and VTR
- "Race Ready" "New Driver" "Big Car” and "Expert" menus add functions based on your skill level and experience
- Traction control/acceleration rate
- Data transfer
- Custom menu assignments
- ABS braking
- Direct Select single button acccess to eight preassigned functions
- Boat mixing-in addition to great performance in R/C car and truck applications, this system is also ideally suited to the rigors of boat racing
- Fourth channel for 4WS crawlers, transponders, brake bias and more
- Forty model memory with ten character model naming
- VTR, acceleration, speed, expo, mode, tension and 5-point curve (throttle)
- Electronic and mechanical ATL (brake side only)
- Two programmable mixes
- Condition select 2
- Start function/engine cut
- Programmable battery fail safe
- Right/Left hand use
- Assignable buttons and dials
- Channel 1-4 fail safes
- Navigation lap timer that sounds when target lap time is exceeded, up, down lap and systems timers
- Digital trims memory and reset
- One year limited warranty through manufacturer beginning at date of purchase (through the manufacturer - Futaba)
Extra protection features have been added, including High Voltage and Low Battery alarms and an automatic system shut-down that kicks in after ten minutes of non-use.
And of course there's the security and precision of Futaba's acclaimed 2.4GHz FASST technology that is leading the way in radio control. Competitive drivers with their eyes on the prize have a new weapon for owning the winner's circle: the Futaba 4PKS!
4PKS Pistol Grip Transmitter
R614FS Receiver, FUTL7635
HT5F1700B 1700mAh 6V Transmitter Battery
HBC-3B(4) 120V AC Battery Charger (FUTM1832)
Servos of modeler's choice (digital servos can be used in Normal or High Speed Mode, analog servos must be used in Normal Mode)
Note: If you want to use a LiFe battery for this transmitter, the Hobbico LiFe 6.6V 1900mAh 2 Cell Battery Pack (HCAM6520) is a perfect match.