The Great Planes Cessna is exceptional quality with fine scale detail. Fast, almost ready-to-fly assembly; Rarely does one modelarn all three of those descriptions, but the Great Planes Cessna 182 Skylane is no ordinary ARF. Manufactured with such choice materials as wood, fiberglass, and Top Flite MonoKote covering, it looks great...its built even better than most kits...and takes only hours to assemble!Features:
- Bulkheads and stringers form the fuselage, which lowers the flying weight and improves the scale appearance
- Dual servos add precision to aileron response and provide the safety of a back-up in case one servo fails
- Airfoil-shaped wing struts add realism and minimize drag included "boots" provide a smooth fairing where the struts connect to the wing and fuselage
- Strong, pre-painted fiberglass wingtips recreate the full-size planes' Hoerner style wingtips and improve stall characteristics
- Cowl, tail cone, wingtips and wheel pants are all made of durable, factory-painted fiberglass
- Includes aluminum landing gear and durable fiberglass wheel pants, both painted for scale look
The Cessna's cowl, tail cone, wingtips and wheel pants are all made of durable, factory-painted fiberglass. To install the tail cone, you just glue it into place and avoid the long, difficult process of building one from wood. In only 15-20 hours, you can put together a stunning sport-scale Cessna that's built as well as perhaps even better than most kits. The models constructed using only the finest materials, including premium-quality Great Planes brand hardware.
Great Planes constructed this Cessna ARF just like a skilled modeler would do it himself, given unlimited time and building expertise. The strong, interlocking wood framework is surrounded by high-gloss, easily repairable MonoKote film.
Clear canopy, hardware package, pushrods, CA hinges, control horns, nose gear wire, 1/8"aluminum main gear, fiberglass cowling, wing tips, tail cone and wheel pants, nylon adjustable engine mount, left & right wing panels, fuselage, tail sections, 2 Â½ " wheels, 2Â¼" nosewheel, wood servo trays and wing joiners, 8oz fuel tank, 2" spinner and photo-illustrated instructions.Requires:
Engine: .40-.51 (2-stroke) or .52 (4-stroke)
Muffler: Pit's-style for 2-strokes (engine mounts on its side) OR if using a 4-stroke, the stock muffler will work fine.
Radio:Â 4-5 Channel
Servos: 5 Standard (2-Aileron, 1-Elevator, 1-Throttle, 1-Rudder)
Servo Extension 6": 2
Y-Harness: 1 (for aileron servos)
Misc. Items: Glow plug, Â¼" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.