Great Planes Cherokee, now that you've mastered your basic trainer. Step up to sport scale! The Cherokee ARF is a great step up from your basic trainer and one of the few realistic sport-scale alternatives for low-wing flight training. Its fast 4-6 hour assembly and steady performance provide the right foundation for success, complemented by quality wood and fiberglass construction plus the freedom to use glow or electric power. Ideal for everyday sport flying and aerobatics perform loops, rolls, inverted flight, stall turns and more!
The cockpit area with installed pilot figure doubles as a hatch that removes for easy access to batteries for an out-runner brushless motor system. The fuselage offers generous space for radio gear, allowing you to use standard-sized servos and receivers.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: Two-piece with aluminum joiner tube, wing halves mount to fuselage using two 1/4 - 20 nylon bolts
- Covering: Top Flite MonoKote
- Radio Compartment: Plywood reinforced, accessible under wing
- Cowl: Prepainted fiberglass
- Wheel Pants: Prepainted fiberglass
- Canopy: Clear, vacu-formed
- Landing Gear: Tricycle type with pre-bent wire 0.16" (4mm) diameter
- Wheels: Three foam 2.5" (64mm) diameter
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Fuel Tank: 14oz (420cc) approximate
- Spinner: 2" (51mm) diameter plastic construction, red in color
- Hardware: Full set included
- Building Time: 4 - 6 hours
- Motor Mount: Two-piece, composite construction
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase.
Separate standard servos control the pre-hinged ailerons and flaps. Flap operation requires a 5-channel radio system; you can use your 4-channel radio to fly without working flaps. Hardware for both set-ups is provided. No glue is used for tail assembly. The horizontal and vertical stabilizers install quickly with screws, which align them automatically and allow you to remove the surfaces easily for transport if desired.
The Cherokee excels with 2- or 4-stroke glow or brushless electric power. Its detailed, photo-illustrated assembly manual takes you step-by-step through installation of either power choice.
The fiberglass wheel pants and cowl arrive painted to match the trim scheme. Each wheel pant attaches to the landing gear with two screws and a nylon strap.
The fuselage offers generous space for radio gear installation, allowing you to use standard sized servos and receivers. You'll enjoy positive handling on grass or pavement from the Cherokee's tricycle landing gear a configuration familiar to anyone who's mastered a typical 4-channel R/C trainer. The Cherokee ARF makes a fine choice for everyday sport flying and aerobatics. With a 5-channel radio, you can operate the included flaps for even greater realism and flight control.
Includes: Pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, pre-bent main and nose gear, wheels, wheel pants, cowl, engine mount, fuel tank, wood servo trays, spinner, aluminum joiner tube pilot figure, decal sheet, hardware package and photo-illustrated instructions
Engine:.40-.46 (7 - 7.5cc) 2-stroke OR .52 - .56 (8.5 - 9.2cc) 4-stroke OR 42-50-800kV brushless outrunner electric motor
For a brushless motor installation, one 3200mAh 11.1V
LiPo battery pack and one 3200mAh 7.4V LiPo battery pack connected in series, cell balancer and LiPo compatible charger are required. Order numbers are provided below:
Great Planes LiPo 7.4V 3200mAh 20C Discharge w/Balance
Great Planes LiPo 3200mAh 11.1V 20C Discharge w/Balance
Great Planes Series Deans U 2 to 1 adapter (GPMM3143)
Great Planes ElectriFly Equinox Cell Balancer (GPMM3160)
LiPo compatible charger such as the Great Planes PolyCharge4
Medium brushless motor mount (GPMG1255)