Great Planes Spitfire - Historians consider the British Supermarine Spitfire to be one of World War II's finest fighters. This sport-scale ARF version does the legend proud with a high-quality design that has the versatility to please every low-wing pilot.
You can assemble this model for belly landings or with the fixed wire landing gear provided and mount your aileron servos and linkages on the top or bottom of the wing. The Spitfire comes already covered with five colors, that represent a typical trim scheme of the World War II Allied fighter. Decals shown are included and die-cut for easy application.
- Construction: All balsa and plywood
- Controls: Throttle, ailerons, elevator, rudder
- Wings: One-piece with plywood wing joiner
- Covering: Factory applied iron-on film, color scheme is Light Gray with Dark Green military camouflage
- Spinner: 2.25" (57.15mm) diameter, White in color
- Cowling: Pre-painted, fiberglass
- Canopy: Clear, single
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Landing Gear: Prebent wire 0.12" (3mm) diameter, optional usage
- Wheels: Two 2" (50.8mm)
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 7-10 hours.
- Engine Mount: Composite, two-piece adjustable
- Four 3mm flat washers are included. These washers should be used when attaching a glow engine to the nylon engine mount halves.
- Warranty Period: Great Planes guarantees this kit free from defects in both material and workmanship at the date of purchase.
For an outstanding brushless electric power system, outfit the Spitfire with a 1450kV out-runner brushless motor, 45A ESC, and 3200mAh LiPo battery. Laser-cut parts for installing a complete brushless electric power system are supplied. Accessing electronics for maintenance is as simple as removing the wing.
With a glow power, enjoy thrilling sport action or cut your combat competition's ribbon to shreds! If you prefer to fly using glow power as required for AMA-sanctioned combat contests Great Planes provides the mounting materials needed to install a 2-stroke .25 cu in (4 cc) engine.
Includes: One Great Planes Spitfire 1/12 scale sport airplane with pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, 4oz (120cc) fuel tank, wood servo trays and wing joiners, spinner hardware package, landing gear, two wheels, mounting components for electric/glow setup and photo illustrated instructions.
Glow Engine: .25 cu in (4.0 cc) 2-stroke (OSMG0525) OR
Brushless Motor: Outrunner type, (GPMG4675)
Electronic Speed Control: At least 45A, Brushless-compatible
(GPMM1840) if using Brushless motor
Muffler: Standard muffler supplied with engine
Propeller: 9x6-compatible with glow or electric power (APCQ0906)
Servos: 4-Micro servos with at least 34 oz-in torque, 5 needed if installing glow engine
Servo Extensions: Two 9" (230mm) for aileron servos
Misc. Items: Glow plug, ï¾¼" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, building and field equipment.