This is the Great Planes electric powered, radio controlled, almost ready to fly ElectroStik EP sport Airplane.
Great Planes Stik, for many years the Stik design has been a staple at the flying field, and now ElectriFly has equipped it with clean, quiet electric power! Glow pilots considering an electric aircraft will find familiarity in the ElectroStik's quality wood construction and traditional look. Modelers who enjoy the advantages of brushless motors have the opportunity to experience flying an R/C classic. And everyone will appreciate how easy it is to get to the flight line especially with the Receiver-Ready (Rx-R) version!
It's an entirely new take on the classic "Stik" design that has been a favorite among R/C pilots for years! All flight surfaces are pre-hinged with control horns mounted to shorten assembly time and ensure perfect alignment. Flight-ready after just one hour of simple assembly with no gluing! Rx-R version comes with a quality ElectriFly brushless power system and three ES80 micro servos just add a receiver and battery. Available as an Rx-R or an ARF!
- Construction: Balsa and ply with prehinged flight surfaces and preinstalled control horns
- Wings: Two piece with carbon fiber wing joiner, attaches with two EZ Bolt thumb screws
- Covering: Top Flite MonoKote
- Motor: ElectriFly 42-40-1000 RimFire brushless motor, GPMG4675
- ESC: ElectriFly SS-45, GPMM1840
- Servos: Three ElectriFly ES80 micro size preinstalled
- Aileron Control: Single servo, servo trays in wings for optional dual servo control
- Propeller: 11 x 8.5E
- Landing Gear: Prebent and painted aluminum
- Wheels: Main-two foam 2.25" (57mm) diameter, tailwheel .75" (19mm) diameter
- Spinner: Constructed of plastic, red in color, 2.25" (57mm) diameter
- Hardware: Full set included
- Building Time: Approximately two hours
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit to free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase.
An Rx-R is more than an ARF it's a new level of pilot ease! The on-board gear below is included and installed. Add a receiver and battery and you're ready to fly!
ElectriFly RimFire 42-40-1000 Out-runner Brushless Motor: An extremely high power-to-weight ratio makes this the ideal choice for the ElectroStik. Tightly wrapped windings push efficiency up to 77%. ElectriFly SS45 Brushless ESC hooks up in seconds, and delivers superbly smooth, precise response throughout the throttle range. Comes with Dean's® connectors.
ElectriFly ES80 Micro Servo delivers exceptional torque and speed, and weighs only 0.6 ounces.
The main wing slides onto this lightweight carbon fiber tube and bolts together with just four screws and two straps no messy epoxy!
The horizontal and vertical stabilizers simply bolt together, without measuring or gluing.
The included servos are quality ElectriFly ES80 micro servos, already installed so that all you have to do is plug in your receiver.
RimFire 42-40-1000 out-runner brushless motor: The recommended RimFire 42-40-1000 out-runner brushless motor delivers plentiful, dependable power.
Access to the roomy interior is quick and easy, allowing for convenient battery changes. The wing attaches quickly with these two EZ Bolt thumb screws- no tools required!
With its 52.75" wingspan, the ElectroStik is ideally sized for both excellent performance and transportation ease.
With its low number of parts and high amount of prefabrication, your ElectroStik requires only an hour of final assembly.
Includes: Great Planes ElectroStik EP RXR, 42-40-1000 RimFire brushless motor,
ElectriFly SS-45 ESC, 11 x 8.5E prop, three wheels, spinner, three micro servos and instruction manual
6" (152mm) Extension: For aileron servo
Battery: LiPo 3200mAh 11.1V 20C Discharge w/Balance connector (GPMP0727)
Cell Balancer: GPMM3160
Battery Charger: LiPo compatible