The Great Planes Extra 300S Aerobatic is a big, beautiful aerobat with "point and go" performance. The full-size Extra 300S, arguably the most popular Extra seen in competition, has seen many R/C versions modeled after it - but none quite like this one. Features:
- Simple D-tube wing construction and a Lock and tab fuselage
- Twin aileron servos, giving more control authority and simplifying installation.
- Twin metal elevator pushrods for precision adjustment and rigidity.
- Option for twin elevator servos, simplifies radio set up, tightens linkages, and ensures enough servo power for the larger of the recommended engines.
- Balsa sheeted turtle deck requires little sanding to get true shape
- Large fuselage for easy radio installation, with enough room for a smoke system that would make an air show performer proud.
- Heavy Duty 2-piece ABS cowl and detailed instrument panel
- CAD generated plans and photo-illustrated instructions
- Duraluminum landing gear with strong, torsional mounting rails
The Great Planes' .60-size Extra 300S is lighter than other similar kits, allowing it to fly better on a 2-stroke .60-.75"engine. "Builder-friendly"construction will inspire confidence in your assembly skills, and when airborne this Extra exhibits precision maneuvers that are nothing short of remarkable!
Among the high-quality Great Planes hardware included in this kit is a precision-formed, 2-piece ABS cowl that fits nicely around engines in the recommended range to complement the sport-scale realism. The Extra 300S .60's lock-and-tab construction creates a strong, straight airframe, and the turtle deck is balsa-sheeted to virtually eliminate time-consuming carving and sanding.
The radio compartment not only allows for twin elevator servos, it's also spacious enough to accommodate a smoke system, if desired.Includes:
All wood to build the kit, pushrods, hardware package, ABS cowling,
Butyrate canopy, photo illustrated instructions, CAD generated rolled plans, pre-formed Duraluminum main landing gear and ABS wheel pants.Requires:
Engine: .61-.90 (2-stroke) or .91-1.20 (4-stroke)
Radio: 4+ channel (twin ail & twin elev can use channels 5 & 6)
Servos: 5-6Â (6th servo is optional 2nd elevator servo)
Two 12" servo extension wires (two for ailerons)
Two Y-harnesses (one for ailerons and one for elevators)
Two-rolls of main color covering and one-roll of trim color covering and matching paint.
Misc. Items: fuel tubing, 12-14oz tank, propeller, Â¼" foam rubber,
1/16"wing seating tape, 2 Â½ " spinner, two 2Â¾" wheels,
3/16"wheel collars, easy fueler, Â¼ scale pilot, building and field equipment.