Great Planes Fling - soaring made easy and affordable. Let the Fling DL Sport ARF introduce you to the ease and excitement of discus launching! More and more modelers are gravitating to this category of gliders, because DLGs do not require special equipment or even a strong throwing arm to get a model airborne. Plus, the Fling DL Sport ARF is priced to be affordable for nearly every hobbyist!
The Fling DL Sport ARF can be ready for its first discus launch after just 2-3 hours of straightforward assembly. Quality construction adds strength while also minimizing weight. Radio gear mounts easily inside the fiberglass fuselage pod. The rudder and elevator control surfaces utilize a lightweight, easy-to-install pull/pull linkage system.
- Construction: Fiberglass fuselage pod, carbon fiber boom, balsa tail and carbon fiber reinforced wing.
- Launched with a highly effective discus throw technique. An example of the procedure is shown in the manual and on the box.
- Wing: Bolt-on wood sheeted reinforced with carbon fiber, full span ailerons, carbon throwing peg
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Linkage System: Pull/pull system for rudder and elevator
- Building Time: Ready for launch in only 2-3 hours
- Warranty Period: Great Planes warrants this kit free from defects in both material and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification.
Wrap your fingers around the carbon throwing peg (it can be located in either wing half for right- or left-hand use). Spin the Fling DL like a discus. Its long tail and broad, stiff wing with AG45 airfoil create powerful lift from the momentum of the spin. Release your grip and watch your Fling DL soar to 100-foot or greater altitudes!
The Fling DL ARF's long tail contributes to aerodynamics that results in powerful discus-style launches. Rudder and elevator control surfaces are actuated using a lightweight, easy-to-install pull/pull linkage system.
Includes: Pre-built wing, fuselage, and tail section, throwing peg, wing bolts, pull/pull strings, aileron pushrods, bag of steel shot, wing joiner, decal sheet and photo-illustrated manual.
Radio: At least 4-channel with mini receiver
Servos: Four micro sized
Y-harness (for the ailerons)
Two 12" extensions
Battery: Micro sized 350mAh (GPMP0950)