Great Planes Giant Super Sportster is the perfect marriage: spectacular, IMAA-legal dimensions matched to superbly smooth and easy Super Sportster handling. It's a brand-new way to enjoy a classic and an easy introduction to the fun of giant-scale flying.
Hand-crafted from sturdy ply and select balsa, yet ready for takeoff in just 20-24 hours. Features the trademark Super Sportster "starburst" trim scheme, done in the rich, glowing colors of Top Flite MonoKote film. Fiberglass cowl and wheel pants are factory-formed, hand-painted and ready to be installed and admired almost immediately. The Giant Super Sportster is perfect for hours of stress-free flight. Stable and predictable on takeoff and approach, and "flier-friendly" through rolls, stall turns, inverted flight and other sport aerobatics. Servos for all control surfaces are mounted externally, for simple installation, easy adjustment and swift, precise response.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: Two-piece, wing halves attach with an aluminum joiner tube and fasten to the fuselage with 1/4-20 nylon bolts
- Covering: Factory applied Top Flite MonoKote, see COMMENTS
- Radio Compartment: Plywood reinforced
- Servo Placement: Servos for all control surfaces mount externally with direct 4-40 linkages increasing control response and simplifying installation and set-up
- Cowling: Pre-painted fiberglass
- Wheel Pants: Pre-painted fiberglass
- Canopy: Clear with painted-on framework detail
- Landing Gear: 3/16" (5mm) diameter, with steerable .10" (2.5mm) diameter tailwheel assembly
- Wheels: Foam, two main 3.5" (87mm) diameter, 1" (25.4mm) tailwheel
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Fuel Tank: 14.2oz (420cc) for use with glow fuel, if using gasoline engine see
- Decals: "Giant Super Sportster" in Red with Black and White outlines
- Black instrument panel with White markings
- Engine Mount: Two piece, composite construction with hardware to mount glow or gasoline engine with four aluminum Fuji Imvac 32 engine spacers, if using a different gasoline engine different hardware may be required
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 15-20 hours
- Spinner: 3ï¾¼" (83mm) diameter, aluminum
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase.
Glow and gas power options! Go with the 2-stroke O.S.Â® 1.60 FX to maximize the power-to-weight ratio, or with the efficient Fuji-Imvacï¾™ BT-32B for maximum fuel economy. A two-piece wing simplifies attachment, removal and travel. Wing panels slide onto an aluminum joiner tube and bolts quickly and securely to the fuselage.
Ready for final assembly! Building and finishing are already complete, and a complete Great Planes hardware package is included. A fuel tank, 4-40 linkages, an engine mount and steerable tailwheel assembly are just a few of the items supplied.
Engine: 1.60 - 2.00 cu in (26 - 33 cc) 2-stroke
1.20 - 2.00 cu in (20- 33 cc) 4-stroke
2.00 cu in (32cc) gasoline
Muffler: On O.S. Max 1.60 2-stroke the standard muffler will work
Ignition Switch: GPMG2150, if using gasoline engine
Radio: 4 - 5 Channel
Servos: 7 total, 5 ball bearing (2-Elevator, 2-Ailerons, 1-Rudder)
1 standard torque servo for throttle
1 standard torque servo for kill switch if using gasoline engine
One 6" (150mm) Servo Extension: For receiver to aileron connection
Three 24" (610mm) Servo Extensions: 2 elevators, 1 rudder
Two 12" (300mm) Servo Extensions: For ailerons
Two Dual Servo Extensions: For aileron and elevator servos
Receiver Battery: Minimum 1000mAh
Misc. Items: Glow plug, ï¾¼" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.