The primary U.S. Army and Navy trainer during WWII, Boeing‘s PT-17 Stearman enjoyed a thriving second career as a crop duster. Hundreds still fly today in private hands. This spectacular one-quarter scale ARF version from Great Planes makes an ideal first biplane model…and assembles easily in as little as 12-15 hours!
Great Planes radio controlled, glow powered, Almost-Ready-to-Fly, PT-17 Stearman .91-1.20 Scale Military Biplane. For Intermediate to Advanced Modeler/Fliers. Performs loops, rolls, spins stall turns, inverted flight and other scale aerobatics.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: All wood
- Covering: Factory applied Top Flite MonoKote color scheme consists of a Gray fuselage, Sky Blue tail section, Yellow wings with bands of Red on upper wing
- Radio Compartment: Accessible over lower wing, plywood reinforced
- Cowling: Pre-painted fiberglass with plastic non-functional replica radial engine
- Cockpit: Dual with painted pilot and instructor busts, instrument panel decals and vacu-formed windscreens with painted frames
- Landing Gear: Pre-formed .16" (4mm) thick aluminum with tailwheel wire
- Wheels: Treaded 4" (102mm) main wheels, 1.25" (31mm) tailwheel
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Hardware: Great Planes hardware supplied
- Engine Mount: Two-piece, composite construction
- Interplane Struts: Painted gray
- Pilot Busts: Two pre-painted with goggles, cap and brown flight suit
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 12 - 15 hours.
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase.
Great Planes Biplane action ARF ease. The primary U.S. Army and Navy trainer during WWII, Boeing's PT-17 Stearman enjoyed a thriving second career as a crop duster. Hundreds still fly today in private hands. This spectacular one-quarter scale ARF version from Great Planes makes an ideal first biplane model...and assembles easily in as little as 12-15 hours!
Features high-quality balsa, ply and fiberglass construction with MonoKote film covering. Performs loops, rolls, spins, stall turns, inverted flight and other crowd-pleasing scale aerobatics. Included details such as rivet decals and an easy-to-install replica radial engine add impressive realism. Steerable tailwheel improves ground handling main landing gear enhances realism with scale shape. Spacious radio compartment allows easy installation of on-board components.
Many included details like scale-shaped landing gear, rivet and instrument panel decals, and the easy-to-install replica radial engine combine to give your PT-17 Stearman ARF impressive realism both in the air and on the flight line.
With its low parts count, this almost ready-to-fly model can be assembled in only 12-15 hours. The built-up balsa and ply airframe arrives already professionally covered in five colors of MonoKote film. A generous Great Planes hardware package is also supplied.
Engine: .91 - 1.20 cu in (15 - 20 cc) 2-stroke OR
.91 - 1.20 (19.5 - 23cc) 4-stroke
Muffler: Pitts style if using 2-stroke engine, or standard muffler included with 4-stroke engine
Servos: 1 standard for throttle
4 high torque (2-Aileron, 1-Elevator, 1-Rudder)
Servo Extension 12" (305mm): 2 for aileron servos
Y-Harness: 1 for aileron servos
Misc. Items: Glow plug, foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.