Great Planes R/C pilots have successfully learned to fly with a Perfect Trainer than any other kit. By applying recent engineering advances to these proven models, Great Planes has made them more durable, more stable, and even easier to build!
Kits include all assembly hardware plus heavy duty landing gear and materials for a bolt-on or rubber band-attached wing. Larger, extra-stable PT-40 MKII takes a .40 engine - a size the pilot could likely reuse in future models. Ideal for small flying sites, PT-20 MKII also lowers startup costs by using an economical.20-size engine. Innovative "interlocking I-beam" engineering simplifies wing construction and maximizes strength. The ribs plug securely into spars and webbing to maintain proper alignment.
- Stable, self-correcting flight characteristics
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual has step-by-step photos, expert tips and helpful hints on building surfaces, flying and covering.
- Interlocking "I-beam" construction builds the wing straight and and strong.
- All balsa and ply construction and comes with extensive hardware Package.
- Wing is built w/ailerons, but they may be locked for 3-Channel use
- May be built with a rubber-band-on wing or a bolt-on wing (bolts included, rubber bands are not)
Proper amounts of wing dihedral and washout enable PTs to self-recover
from control mishaps - new pilots worry less, learn faster. Extensively
photo-illustrated instruction manuals cover kit assembly PLUS building a
workbench, choosing tools, preparing for flight...everything a new
hobbyist needs to know.
PT wings are built with ailerons for full 4-channel control, but they can be locked in place for 3-channel operation. Leading and trailing edges come preshaped for easy assembly.
Includes: All wood to build the kit, adjustable nylon engine mount, 5/32" landing gear wires, pushrods, full size rolled plans, photo illustrated instruction manual, hardware package, fiberglass cloth,
Engine: .15-.25 (2-stroke) or .26-.30 (4-stroke)
Radio: 4 channel with 3-4 servos (4th servo for ailerons)
Covering: two 6-foot rolls
Misc. Items: One 6oz fuel tank, two 2ï¾¼" treaded wheels,
One 2" treaded wheel, one 2" spinner, wheel collars, foam rubber, fuel tubing, and assorted building and field Equipment.