Great Planes R/C pilots have successfully learned to fly with a Perfect Trainer than any other kit. By applying recent engineering advances to these proven models, Great Planes has made them more durable, more stable, and even easier to build!Features:
- Stable, self-correcting flight characteristics
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual has step-by-step photos, expert tips and helpful hints on building surfaces, flying and covering.
- Interlocking "I-beam" construction builds the wing straight and and strong.
- All balsa and ply construction and comes with extensive hardware Package.
- Wing is built w/ailerons, but they may be locked for 3-Channel use
- May be built with a rubber-band-on wing or a bolt-on wing (bolts included, rubber bands are not)
Kits include all assembly hardware plus heavy duty landing gear and materials for a bolt-on or rubber band-attached wing. Larger, extra-stable PT-40 MKII takes a .40 engine - a size the pilot could likely reuse in future models. Ideal for small flying sit's, PT-20 MKII also lowers startup costs by using an economical.20-size engine. Innovative "interlocking I-beam" engineering simplifies wing construction and maximizes strength. The ribs plug securely into spars and webbing to maintain proper alignment.
Proper amounts of wing dihedral and washout enable PTs to self-recover from control mishaps - new pilots worry less, learn faster. Extensively photo-illustrated instruction manuals cover kit assembly PLUS building a workbench, choosing tools, preparing for flight...verything a new hobbyist needs to know.
PT wings are built with ailerons for full 4-channel control, but they can be locked in place for 3-channel operation. Leading and trailing edges come preshaped for easy assembly.Includes:
All wood to build the kit, adjustable nylon engine mount, 5/32" landing gear wires, pushrods, full size rolled plans, photo illustrated instruction manual, hardware package, fiberglass cloth,Requires:
Engine: .15-.25 (2-stroke) or .26-.30 (4-stroke)
Radio: 4 channel with 3-4 servos (4th servo for ailerons)
Covering: two 6-foot rolls
Misc. Items: One 6oz fuel tank, two 2ÂĽ" treaded wheels,
One 2" treaded wheel, one 2" spinner, wheel collars, foam rubber, fuel tubing, and assorted building and field Equipment.