Great Planes R/C pilots have successfully learned to fly with a Perfect Trainer than any other kit. By applying recent engineering advances to these proven models, Great Planes has made them more durable, more stable, and even easier to build!
Kits include all assembly hardware plus heavy duty landing gear and materials for a bolt-on or rubber band-attached wing. Larger, extra-stable PT-40 MKII takes a .40 engine - a size the pilot could likely reuse in future models. Ideal for small flying sites, PT-20 MKII also lowers startup costs by using an economical.20-size engine. Innovative "interlocking I-beam" engineering simplifies wing construction and maximizes strength. The ribs plug securely into spars and webbing to maintain proper alignment.
- Stable, self-correcting flight characteristics
- Precision-cut, interlocking parts naturally assemble straight and strong
- Detailed, easy-to-follow instruction manual features step-by-step photos, expert tips, and helpful hints on building surfaces, flying, and covering
- Interlocking "I-beam" construction builds the wing straight & strong
- All balsa & ply construction and comes w/extensive hardware package
- Wing is built w/ailerons, but they may be locked for 3-Channel use.
- May be built with a rubber band-to-wing or a bolt-on wing (bolts included, rubber bands are not)
Proper amounts of wing dihedral and washout enable PTs to self-recover from control mishaps - new pilots worry less, and learn faster. Extensively photo-illustrated instruction manuals cover kit assembly PLUS building a workbench, choosing tools, preparing for flight...everything a new hobbyist needs to know.
PT wings are built with ailerons for full 4-channel control, but they can be locked in place for 3-channel operation. Leading and trailing edges come preshaped for easy assembly.
Includes: Adjustable engine mount (GPMG1061), 3/16" landing gear, pushrods, full-size rolled plans, illustrated instructions, all balsa and plywood to build the trainer, and CA hinge strip.
Radio: 4-channel w/ 3-4 servos (4th servo for ailerons)
Engine: .35-.46 (2-stroke) or .40-.52 (4-stroke)
Misc. items: fuel tank (8oz), wheels, wheel collars, fuel tubing, 2ï¾¼" spinner, building and field equipment