Great Planes R/C pilots have successfully learned to fly with a Perfect Trainer than any other kit. By applying recent engineering advances to these proven models, Great Planes has made them more durable, more stable, and even easier to build!Features:
- Stable, self-correcting flight characteristics
- Precision-cut, interlocking parts naturally assemble straight and strong
- Detailed, easy-to-follow instruction manual features step-by-step photos, expert tips, and helpful hints on building surfaces, flying, and covering
- Interlocking "I-beam" construction builds the wing straight & strong
- All balsa & ply construction and comes w/extensive hardware package
- Wing is built w/ailerons, but they may be locked for 3-Channel use.
- May be built with a rubber band-to-wing or a bolt-on wing (bolts included, rubber bands are not)
Kits include all assembly hardware plus heavy duty landing gear and materials for a bolt-on or rubber band-attached wing. Larger, extra-stable PT-40 MKII takes a .40 engine - a size the pilot could likely reuse in future models. Ideal for small flying sit's, PT-20 MKII also lowers startup costs by using an economical.20-size engine. Innovative "interlocking I-beam" engineering simplifies wing construction and maximizes strength. The ribs plug securely into spars and webbing to maintain proper alignment.
Proper amounts of wing dihedral and washout enable PTs to self-recover from control mishaps - new pilots worry less, and learn faster. Extensively photo-illustrated instruction manuals cover kit assembly PLUS building a workbench, choosing tools, preparing for flight...verything a new hobbyist needs to know.
PT wings are built with ailerons for full 4-channel control, but they can be locked in place for 3-channel operation. Leading and trailing edges come preshaped for easy assembly.Includes:
Adjustable engine mount (GPMG1061), 3/16"landing gear, pushrods, full-size rolled plans, illustrated instructions, all balsa and plywood to build the trainer, and CA hinge strip.Requires:
Radio: 4-channel w/ 3-4 servos (4th servo for ailerons)
Engine: .35-.46 (2-stroke) or .40-.52 (4-stroke)
Misc. items: fuel tank (8oz), wheels, wheel collars, fuel tubing, 2ÂĽ" spinner, building and field equipment