Great Planes Pete-N-Poke Sport, slow 'n easy... with a touch of nostalgia. Modeled loosely on the 1920s-era, Model "A" Ford engine-powered Pietenpol Air Camper homebuilt and the popular Great Planes Slow Poke, the Pete 'n Poke kit offers smooth, slow flight with the potential to perform all basic aerobatics. Its versatility is matched by vintage aircraft looks - including easy-to-install cabane struts - for a distinctive "Sunday" model that's a treat to fly ANY day of the week.Features:
- Modeled loosely on the 1920s-era, Model "A" Ford engine powered
- Pietenpol Air Camper homebuilt, and the popular Great Planes
- Slow Poke. This airplane offers smooth, slow flight with the potential to perform all basic aerobatics. Even if the plane is in a stall, it loses very little altitude before quickly recovering.
- Easy low-speed flight offers a relaxing change of pace from demanding sport planes.
- Precisely interlocking wood parts and photo-illustrated instructions speed assembly.
- Wing attachment at the flying field takes very little time. Simply plug the decorative struts into pockets built into the fuselage and wing, and secure the wing to the center cabane structure using three bolts. The struts are automatically aligned and locked into place.
- Long tail moment helps prevent ground loops, even inexperienced
- taildragger pilots can quickly master takeoffs and landings.
- Separate hatches located on the bottom front of fuselage, allow easy access to on-board radio gear and the fuel tank.
- Dual aileron servos add precision and authority for crisp, impressive maneuvers.
- Engine bolts onto a mounting plate with the proper right thrust angle built-in so no separate mount is required.
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase.
Wing attachment at the flying field takes no time at all! Simply plug the decorative struts into pockets built into the fuselage and wing, and secure the wing to the center cabane structure using three bolts. The struts are automatically aligned and locked into place.
The Pete 'n Poke's flat-bottom wing offers aerobatic potential plus excellent low-speed flight characteristics. In a stall, the model loses very little altitude before recovering quickly. Dual aileron servos add precision and authority for crisp, impressive maneuvers, and provide the safety of a backup should one servo fail. Its interlocking parts make the Pete 'n Poke take shape almost immediately, greatly reducing the amount of sanding and carving.Includes:
All the wood to build the kit, 3/16" main landing gear wire, 3/32"
tailgear wire, clear windshield material, photo illustrated
instructions, full-size rolled plans, decals.Requires:
Engine: .40-.46cu in (6.5-7.5cc) 2-stroke w/Standard Muffler
(Note: The 2-stroke mounts in an upright position.)
or .40-.52cu in (6.5-8.5cc) 4-stroke w/Standard Muffler
(Note: The 4-stroke mounts in an upright position.)
Radio:Â 4 Channels
Servos: 5 standard (1-throttle, 1-elevator, 1-rudder, 2-ailerons)
Servo Extensions 6": 2 for ailerons
Covering: Two 6 foot rolls
Misc. Items: Glow plug, 1/4" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing,
10oz fuel tank, fuel filter, propeller, 2.5" spinner, 3" main wheels, 1" tailwheel, 3/16" and 3/32" wheel collars, building and field equipment.