Great Planes Cub .40 ARF marks a dramatic advance in assembly ease and scale accuracy. It's both 90% factory-built and truer to the original plane than most other R/C versions from its barn door ailerons to the accurately proportioned wing, fuselage, rudder and stabilizer.
Though many Cub kits settle for strip ailerons, this ARF uses authentic "barndoor" ailerons to maximize realism. Dual aileron servos add precision and authority to control response for crisp maneuvers. The linkage simplicity makes aileron set-up a snap.
- Huge IMAA - Legal 81" Wingspan.
- Excellent first sport-scale kit - assembles quickly, maneuvers well and lands slow and easy.
- One-piece 81" bolt-on wing
- Reproduces the full-scale aircraft with amazing accuracy, using precise CAD engineering and data from original Piper 3-view drawings.
- Can be flight-ready in 15-20 hours. The prebuilt, all-wood major sections are pre-covered with fabric - real woven cloth, featuring a simulated, hand-rubbed lacquer finish. Lightweight, it resists scratches, tears and punctures better than most films.
- Roomy radio compartment simplifies installation of on-board components and provides space to install a fully detailed cockpit and pilot (both optional).
- Uses authentic "barn door" ailerons to maximize realism. Dual aileron servos add precision and authority to control response for crisp maneuvers. The linkage simplicity makes aileron set-up a snap.
- One-piece fiberglass cowl comes factory-painted to match the fabric covering and a precision-formed, ready-to-paint replica cylinder head is also included.
- Includes an adjustable engine mount; premium-quality, Great Planes brand hardware; and decals for authentic markings and N-numbers.
- Wood wing struts come pre-sanded into an airfoil shape. They provide a more authentic look than flat struts, and improve the model's flight performance by keeping drag to the absolute minimum.
- 90-Day Warranty.
You can be flight-ready in 15-20 hours! The prebuilt, all-wood major sections come precovered with fabric. Lightweight, it resists scratches, tears and punctures better than most films.
Another advantage of this ARF offers compared to most other Cub models: wood wing struts, already sanded into an airfoil shape. They provide a more authentic look than flat struts, and improve the model's flight performance by keeping drag to the absolute minimum.
Includes: Photo Illustrated Instruction Manual, Decals, One-Piece Pre-Painted Fiberglass Cowl, ABS Dummy Engines, Adjustable Engine Mount, Hardware Package, Factory-Built Fuselage, Wings and Tail Sections, 9.1oz (270cc Fuel Tank, Firm 3-3/8" Foam Tires Mounted on Cub Rims, Pre-Bent Wire Landing Gear, Pre-Built Wing Struts, Clear Butyrate Windshield and Side Windows, Pushrods, Tailwheel Wire w/1" Tailwheel, CA Hinge Strip.
Engine: .40-.46 cu in (6.5-7.5cc, up to a mild .60-.65) 2-stroke or
.52-.70 cu in (8.0-11.5cc) (4-Stroke) (52 for sea level only)
Muffler: Sport or Pitts Style to fit into the cowl
Radio: 4 Channel w/5 standard servos (specs per R&D 12/99)
Y-harness: 1 (for aileron servos)
Servo Extensions 12": 2 (for aileron servos)
Misc Items: Propeller, Medium Fuel Tubing, ï¾¼" Latex Foam Rubber,
Fueling System, 8-32 Tap/#29 Drill Bit, Building and Field
Equipment, prop nut to match engine's crankshaft size.