The Great Planes Cub is an aviation classic recreated in 3 great sizes! Great Planes has taken their computer designed technology and penchant for scale accuracy to new dimensions, with a complete series of kits based on one of the most popular aircraft designs of all time - the Piper J-3 Cub.
With 3 sizes to choose from, there's a Cub kit to suit any modeler's tastes and budget. But they all share the benefits of Great Planes' advanced engineering, resulting in models that are amazingly easy to build and fly. And with scale outlines taken from original Piper 3-view drawings, these kits boast a very realistic Cub profile, with incredible attention to detail.
- Nearly all balsa construction for easy finishing
- Includes all parts and instructions to build either the standard or aerobatic "clipped wing" version
- Exact scale outline is taken from original Piper 3-view drawing
- Top quality Great Planes hardware
- Realistic "barndoor" ailerons instead of strip ailerons found on most Cubs
- High quality shaped balsa leading edge, pre-notched for wing ribs
- Scale wing struts, landing gear fairings, dummy engines for both sides of the cowling, numerous decals as well as many "how-to" tips for creating additional scale details
- Semi-Symmetrical Airfoil
- Detailed instruction booklet and plans
All 3 Great Planes Cub kits feature computer-designed and drawn plans, interlocking die-cut wood parts and straight, strong structures. Building is further simplified by pre-shaped leading edges, pushrod routing holes and virtually all-balsa exteriors. The 40- and 60-size Cubs feature barndoor ailerons; the 20-size has strip ailerons.
Engine: .40-.60 (2-stroke) and Pitts muffler or .48-.80 (4-stroke)
Radio: 4 Channel w/Four Servos
Covering: Two 6-Foot Rolls w/Matching Paint
Misc. Items: 3-3/8" Main Wheels, 1ï¾¼" Tailwheel, Wheel Collars,
Fuel Tubing, 12oz Fuel Tank, Propeller, Foam Rubber, Flex cable,
Building and Field Equipment.