This is the Great Planes ElectriFly Pluma 3D Electric ARF Biplane.
Great Planes Pluma, the only thing between you and a full day of aerobatics is a few minutes of easy assembly on the bench. And once you're in the air, you'll discover all of the advantages of exclusive Pro-Formance foam construction. Ultra-light and wafer-thin, its power-to-weight ratio puts the entire aerobatic envelope at your command, from stately loops and rolls to hair-raising waterfalls and knife-edge loops.
You can speed the Pluma from box to flight-ready in only an hour! The trim scheme is imprinted and the fuselage is already assembled. All other parts (including the servo pockets) are laser-cut, interlocking and self-aligning. Ailerons and elevators are beveled and prehinged with ultra-light 3M Blenderm tape just like aerobats built for 3D competition.
The box fuselage provides the strength for aerobatics and ample room for a wide range of batteries. An easy-access hatch lets you switch packs in a few seconds.
The Pluma can perform brilliantly with the smallest of RimFire out-runner motors. But with its generous wing area, you have the lift (and flexibility) to performance-tune with any number of motor-battery combinations.
Attractive graphics and impressive, "full-fuse" appearance make the Pluma a standout any way you look at it! Its compact wingspan and light weight make the Pluma easy to take along whether you're flying under a dome or out at the field.
One Great Planes ElectriFly Pluma 3D Electric ARF Biplane with an instruction manual, decal sheet, landing gear with two 1" (26mm) diameter plastic wheels
Radio: 4 channel
Servos: Three micro high torque (1-rudder, 1-elevator, 1-aileron)
Battery Charger: LiPo compatible
For Indoor Flight-
Motor: Rimfire Outrunner Brushless 28-22-1380, GPMG4505
ESC: Silver Series For Brushless Motors 8A, GPMM1800
Battery: Power Series 11.1V 300mAh Balanced 18C LiPo Pack
Propeller: 8x4 thin prop, GWSQ2009
- Construction: Lightweight 0.12" (3mm) extruded polystyrene Pro-
- Formance foam-an ElectriFly exclusive, tabbed and interlocking for fast assembly and correct alignment, pre-applied graphics are lighter weight than paint all flying surfaces (except rudder) pre-hinged with genuine 3M Blenderm tape which is durable and feather light
- Wings: Both sections with ailerons, speed brakes install between aileron link rods if desired
- Aileron Control: Single servo
- Landing Gear: Carbon rod with factory bent wire ends
- Hardware: Carbon fiber and laser cut
- Building Time: Ready to fly in about one hour
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
Wingspan: 32.5" (830mm)
Wing Area: 518 sq in (33.4 sq dm)
Weight: 8.4 - 9.5oz (240 - 270g)
Wing Loading: 2.3 -2.6oz/sq ft (7.2 - 8.1g/sq dm)
Length: 38" (955mm)
Center of Gravity
Indoor Flying: 2-5/8" (67mm) from the leading edge of upper wing
Outdoor Flying: 2-1/2" (63mm) from the leading edge of upper wing
Total C.G. range: from 1-3/4" (44mm) forward to 3-5/16" (85mm) aft. Do not fly outside of this range
Elevator: 0.98" (25mm) 17 degrees
Rudder: 1-9/16" (40mm) 19 degrees
Ailerons: 1-9/16" (40mm) 27 degrees
Elevator: 1-3/8" (35mm) 26 degrees
Rudder: 2-3/4" (70mm) 36 degrees
Ailerons: 2-3/8" (60mm) 43 degrees
Elevator: 2-1/8" (55mm) 46 degrees
Rudder: 3-7/8" (100mm) 56 degrees
Ailerons: 2-7/8" (75mm) 58 degrees