Great Planes homebuilt "hot rod" as a smooth-flying .40!
While not specifically intended as a vehicle for showy aerobatics, the popular, full-size RV-4 has proven very capable of them all the same. Great Planes' RV-4 model offers similar versatility. Ideal for intermediate-level aerobatics, it offers good knife-edge capabilities, tracks beautifully, delivers almost unlimited vertical performance with a .46 engine...and is also a great choice for just having some "Sunday" fun.
Generous package of Great Planes hardware includes rod-in-tube pushrods for smooth control surface operation. Reinforced nylon Adjustable Engine Mount perfectly fits any 2- or 4-stroke engine within the recommended range. A straightforward building project with no retracts to add complexity, the RV-4 goes together easily thanks to precisely interlocking wood parts and detailed, photo-illustrated instructions.
- Easy interlocking balsa and plywood construction, with built-in thrust angles and a wing that assembles flat on die-cut tabs.
- Wings are one-piece, all wood
- Spacious radio compartment allow easy radio gear installation and quick fuel tank access.
- White ABS plastic cowling and wheel pants.
- Crystal-clear butyrate canopy.
- Cockpit features a triangle roll-over bar and tandem instrument panels.
- Fixed, pre-formed aluminum main landing gear.
- Dual aileron servos for precision and authority.
- The wing can be built with or without flaps. The kit slows well for easy landings either way.
- Generous package of Great Planes hardware includes rod-in-tube pushrods for smooth control surface operation.
- Reinforced nylon Adjustable Engine Mount fits any 2- or 4-stroke engine within the recommended range.
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
A 2-piece ABS cowl, wheel pants, and wing tips are all supplied as is the swept-back landing gear, made of 1/8" thick, heavy-duty duraluminum. The wing features a fully symmetrical Selig 8036 airfoil, plus dual aileron servos for precision and authority. You can build the wing with or without flaps the kit slows well for easy landings either way.
Includes: All wood to construct the airplane, pushrods, prebent aluminum main landing gear, 3/32" tailwheel wire, nylon adjustable engine mount, hardware package, ABS plastic cowling and wheel pants, clear canopy, decals, photo-illustrated instructions, full-size rolled plans.
Engine: .40-.52 (6.5-8.5cc) (2-stroke) OR .48-.70 (8.0-11.5cc)(4-stroke)
Muffler: Pitts-Style is recommended so that the muffler will be concealed inside of the cowling.
Radio: 4-5 channel (5-channel with 7 servos for optional flaps)
Servos: 5-7 40 oz-in torque minimum (2-ailerons, 1-elevator, 1-rudder, 1-throttle) (2-for optional flaps)
Servo extension 6": 4 (for flaps and receiver)
Servo extension 12": 2 (for ailerons)
Y-harness: (1-for aileron servos) (1-for optional flap servos)
Misc. Items: (2) 2Â½ " main wheels, (1) 1" tailwheel, 2ï¾¼" spinner
10 oz fuel tank, glow plug, ï¾¼" foam rubber padding, 3' medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.