The Great Planes Reactor ARF is capable of all types of flight! The Reactor 3D is the most versatile aircraft ever conceived because it was engineered that way from the start. It performs equally well in extreme 3-D, precision/pattern and Sunday sport flying; all with either the power of a glow engine or brushless electric motor.
It's the best of both worlds: a sleek, modern design complemented by conventional built-up, all-wood construction. The Reactor 3D's ultra-thin (9%) airfoil allows for easy transition in and out of high alpha flight. Another performance benefit is the exceptionally wide speed range: it can fly slow on demand, but is also capable of speeds that similar models can't come close to. Flies well with your choice of a glow engine or brushless electric motor! Transitions easily in and out of 3D, pattern and sport flight. A low parts count makes final assembly a breeze.
- Construction: Laser cut balsa and plywood, bolt pattern on firewall lines up for either a .46-.70 glow engine or Brushless electric motor such as the ElectriFly 42-60-480 RimFire, GPMG4715
- Wings: 2 piece wing with aluminum wing tube
- Covering: Factory applied Top Flite MonoKote, color scheme: Sapphire
- Blue - TOPQ0226, Orange - TOPQ0202, Transparent Yellow - TOPQ0303,
- Missile Red - TOPQ0201 and Black - TOPQ0208
- Radio Compartment: Plywood reinforced, accessible under canopy
- Glow Engine Mount: Great Planes nylon adjustable (GPMG1061)
- Fuel Tank: 10.8oz (tank dimensions - 4.67" x 2.45" x 2.16")
- Cowling: Pre-painted, fiberglass construction
- Wheel Pants: Pre-painted, fiberglass construction
- Canopy: Clear with factory painted, Silver colored trim
- Landing Gear: Pre-formed aluminum, factory painted Yellow
- Wheels: Two main 2" (51mm) diameter and one 1" (25.4mm) tailwheel
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 5-6 hours.
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
A low parts count means that the Reactor 3D can be flight-ready in as little as 5-6 hours. Like all Great Planes models, high-quality construction is very evident throughout the Reactor 3D. The laser-cut wood parts are keyed for a secure, interlocking fit that strengthens the entire structure while also reducing overall weight.
The bolt pattern on the firewall lines up exactly for either a .46-.70 glow engine like the FS-70 II Surpass pictured, or a motor mount for installing a brushless out-runner motor such as the ElectriFlyï¾™ Rimfireï¾™ C42-60-480kV. The cowl and wheel pants are made of quality fiberglass, and painted to match the dazzling trim scheme. The battery hatch opens for easy access to the on-board radio gear and LiPo packs.
The wing panels are removable for easy transportation. The tailwheel attaches easily, and is steerable to offer better ground handling.
Includes: Pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, pre-bent main landing gear, .10" (2.5mm) diameter tailwheel wire, 2" foam main wheels, 1" foam tailwheel, 2.25" (57mm) diameter red spinner, 10.8oz (320cc) fuel tank, wood servo trays and wing joiners, hardware package and photo-illustrated instructions.
Brushless Outrunner electric motor GPMG4715
Electronic Speed Control CSEM2008
Note: The recommended propeller for use with the RimFire
C42-60-480kV Brushless Outrunner Motor power system is the APC 15x8E propeller, (APCQ4013). If installing a glow engine, use the engine manufacturer's propeller recommendation.
Two 3200mAh LiPo batteries (GPMP0727) connected in series, LiPo charger
Medium Brushless Motor Mount (GPMG1255) OR
Glow Engine: .46-.51cu in (7.8-8cc) 2-stroke OR .70 cu in (11.5cc) 4-stroke
Muffler: Sports-Style (Engine mounts in an upright position)
Servos: 5-Mini (2-Aileron, 1-Elevator, 1-Throttle (for glow only) 1-Rudder) 50oz of torque minimum, digital servos highly recommended
6" (152mm) Servo Extensions: Two, (HCAM2701)
12" (305mm) Servo Extensions: Two, (HCAM2711)
24" (610mm) Servo Extensions: Three (HCAM2721)
If your radio is not capable of mixing you will also need 1 Y-harness HCAM2500 and 1 EMS Servo Reverser - EMOM0027
Misc. Items: Glow plug, ï¾¼" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing,
fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.