The Great Planes Super Skybolt Glow Powered ARF Airplane.
The only things standing between the pilot and a first performance at the field are a few hours of fast, easy assembly. The Super Skybolt offers the elegance of yesteryear's air show greats with the ease that comes with Great Planes' best ARF engineering. Ready to take center stage in as little as 12-15 hours! Almost a full pound lighter than the kit, for stronger climbs and quicker response overall! Simplified strut design strengthens structures, speeds assembly and eliminates unsightly screw-down brackets! Fast, smooth and predictable in flight, with a long tail moment to ensure true tracking. Performs classic air show maneuvers with ease and grace just right for straight, level flight and impressive, low-level flybys!
There's no need to build: The airframe is built light, strong and straight. The covering is genuine Top Flite MonoKote. The hardware is generous and Great Planes' best. And the performance is everything an aerobat could want: crisp and precise in execution, silky smooth in transition and adept at making a pilot's best look better than ever.
Kit quality ARF ease! The Super Skybolt is built like the best kits, with a lightweight wood airframe, a four-color MonoKote trim scheme, painted fiberglass parts and Great Planes-brand hardware. The hardware and accessories package offers convenience, completeness and quality in the same package, and a gleaming aluminum spinner and steerable tailwheel assembly as bonuses.
The striking red and white checkerboard pattern on the bottom wing makes it easy to tell which way is up even at a distance!
They look like they took hours to complete, but the lightweight fiberglass cowl and wheel pants come out of the box painted, and ready for installation.
Faster response, simpler installation; An aileron servo on the underside of each bottom wing half provides the power for both wings...and spectacular aerobatics.
Pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, .098" (2.5mm) pre-bent landing gear, .079" (2mm) tailwheel wire, 2.75" (70mm) main wheels, .079" (2mm) tailwheel, adjustable engine mount, 14.2oz (420cc) fuel tank, 2.5" (64mm) spinner plywood servo trays and wing joiners, wing and cabane struts, hardware package, decal sheet and illustrated instructions
Engine: .60-.75 cu in (10-13 cc) 2-stroke OR .70 -.91 cu in (11.5-15 cc) 4-stroke
Muffler: Pitts type for 2-stroke or stock muffler supplied with 4-stroke
Servos: 5-Standard (2-Aileron, 1-Elevator, 1-Throttle, 1-Rudder) 6" (152mm)
Y-Harness: One, for aileron servos
Misc. Items: Glow plug, foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: Balsa and plywood
- Struts: Constructed of wood with simple thumbscrew wing attachment system that eliminates brackets
- Covering: Factory applied Top Flite MonoKote
- Radio Compartment: Plywood reinforced, accessible under lower wing
- Cowling: Painted and constructed of fiberglass
- Wheel Pants: Painted and constructed of fiberglass
- Canopy: Constructed of molded plastic and tinted brown
- Landing Gear: Main; pre-formed aluminum .098" (2.5mm) thick tailwheel wire; .079" (2mm) diameter
- Wheels: Foam, two main 2.75" (70mm) diameter, one 1" (26mm) tailwheel
- Aileron Control: Dual servo in bottom wing half
- Spinner: Aluminum 2.5" (64mm) diameter
- Fuel Tank: 14.2oz (420cc)
- Engine Mount: Two-piece composite construction
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 12 - 15 hours
- Warranty Period: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both material and workmanship at date of purchase. The warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification.
Wingspan: 57" (1450mm)
Wing Area: 924 sq in (60 sq dm)
Weight: 7.7lb (3490g)
Wing Loading: 19.2 oz/sq ft (59 g/sq dm)
Length: 53" (1345mm)
Airfoil: Fully symmetrical
Center of Gravity: 4-5/8" (118mm) Back from the wing's leading edge
Elevator: Up & Down 1" (25mm)
Rudder: Right to Left 3" (76mm)
Ailerons: Up & Down 5/8" (16mm)
Elevator: Up & Down 5/8" (16mm)
Rudder: Right to Left 1-1/2" (38mm)
Ailerons: Up & Down 3/8" (10mm)