Great Planes Viper is an Almost-Ready-to-Fly .25-.46 Size Sport/Racing Model. Strike at the competition! With a 2-stroke .25 and separated elevator/rudder control, the Viper 500 is a fun, everyday sport model. When you use V-tail mixing and a larger engine, and it becomes a fiery, ultra-competitive "club racer"...and it's AMA-legal for Quickie 500 in 424 and 428 classes!
World-famous airfoil designer Dr. Michael Selig created the airfoil specifically for Quickie 500 racing. Great Planes adds such performance-boosting "extras" as a perfectly formed engine mounting plate and to minimize drag specially engineered wheels and mounting hardware and recessed wing holddown bolts.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: One-piece foam core with carbon fiber reinforcement, balsa sheeting applied with epoxy for added security and stiffness, recessed wing hold down bolts to minimize drag, center section wrapped in double layer of fiberglass cloth
- Covering: Covered in Top Flite MonoKote covering, color scheme is entirely White
- Radio Compartment: Easily accessible under wing
- Landing Gear: Pre-bent aluminum
- Tail Section: Self-aligning V-tail bolts to fuselage and easily removed for easy transportation
- Aileron Control: One servo needed with at least 35 oz-in torque
- Motor Mount: Aluminum, multi-fit backplate style
- Assembly Time: Ready to fly in as little as 6-8 hours
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase.
Assembles in as little as 6-8 hours! Carbon fiber reinforced, wood/foam wing arrives covered in Top FliteÂ® MonoKoteÂ® film. Bolt-on tail provides accurate alignment for fast assembly, and can also be removed for easy transportation.
Includes "multi-fit," backplate-type, metal engine mount and low-drag nylon wheels. Available precovered in red or white MonoKote. The specially designed aluminum engine mount accepts virtually any engine in the Viper 500's recommended range. A fuel tank and generous package of Great Planes' quality hardware are also provided.
The Viper 500 comes mostly prebuilt and fully prepared for high-G action! The foam-core wing features carbon fiber reinforcement and balsa sheeting that's applied with epoxy for security and stiffness. The center section is wrapped in a double layer of fiberglass cloth.
Includes: One Great Planes Viper 500 sport model airplane kit with pre-assembled wing fuselage and tail sections, pushrods, decal sheet, hardware, 2Â½ " (61mm) plastic profile wheels, 6.1oz (180cc) fuel tank (GPMA2552), and photo-illustrated instructions
Engine: .25-.46 (4.1-7.5cc) 2-stroke
Muffler: Stock type supplied with engine
Radio: Four channel for sport flying
Six channels or more for V-tail mixing
Servos: Four 42 oz-in torque minimum
1-ailerons, 1-elevator, 1-rudder, 1-throttle
Servo Extensions: Two 12" (305mm) for throttle and aileron servos
Misc. Items: Glow plug, ï¾¼" foam rubber padding, 3' medium
fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.