Great Planes radio controlled, glow or electric powered, almost ready to fly, .6-.81/EP Matt Chapman Eagle 580 Sport Scale Airplane.Features:
- Construction: Built-up balsa and light plywood fuselage and tail assembly, oversize control surfaces to enable 3D maneuvers
- Wings: Two-piece balsa sheeted foam with carbon fiber wing tube
- Stabilizer: Two-piece with carbon fiber tube
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Rudder Control: Single servo, aft servo mounting position possible to reduce required tail weight when using a larger glow engine
- Covering: Top Flite MonoKote with authentic Embry Riddle Aeronautical Institute trim scheme
- Cowl: Painted fiberglass
- Spinner: Blue plastic 2.5" (64mm) diameter
- Landing Gear: Painted fiberglass
- Wheels: Main, foam 2.75" (70mm) diameter, Tailwheel 1-1/4" (32mm)
- Fuel Tank: Approximately 16oz (480cc)
- Engine Mount: Two-piece composite
- Cockpit: Pre installed and painted pilot figure
- Wheel Pants: Painted fiberglass
- Servo Compartment: Plywood reinforced, accessible under canopy, secures to fuselage with magnets
- Building Time: 4-6 hours
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this it free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
.46-.81/EP Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle 580 Airplane with landing gear, wheels, decals, pilot figure, instruction manual, engine mount, fuel tank and spinnerRequires:
Glow Power: Minimum 4-ch radio w/5 standard servos, 2-stroke .46-
.61 cu in (7.5 - 10cc)
OR 4-stroke .52 - .81 cu in (8.5 - 13.5cc) engine
Electric Power: Minimum 4-ch radio w/4 standard servos, .80 outrunner brushless motor, 60A brushless ESC, two 11.1V 3200mAh LiPo batteries, battery charger, motor mount
Building and field equipment
Wingspan: 53" (1350mm)
Wing Area: 645 sq in (41.6 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 21-25 oz/sq ft (64-76 g/sq dm)
Airfoil: Fully symmetrical, low wing placement
Length: 57.5" (1460mm)
Weight: 6-7lb (2720-3180g)
Center of Gravity: 3-3/4" (95mm) back from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage side
Ailerons: 1/4" (6mm) 4?
Elevator: 3/8" (10mm) 5?
Rudder: 1-3/4" (44mm) 16?
Ailerons: 15/16" (24mm) 14?
Elevator: 11/16" (17mm) 10?
Rudder: 2-1/4" (57mm) 20?
Ailerons: 1-3/4" (44mm) 26?
Elevator: 2-3/8" (60mm) 35?
Rudder: 3" (76mm) 28?