Great Planes 50" class is an exciting, emerging category of electric aircraft, and the Edge 540T is sure to be a standout! Slightly smaller than traditional .40 glow models, 50" class planes boast many sophisticated features that discriminating pilots look for in an aerobatic ARF. Features:
- Construction: Balsa and ply with prehinged ailerons and rudder and airfoiled control surfaces, motor box preinstalled with blind nuts providing perfect spacing for spinner backplate-no need for measuring, cowl ring also preinstalled
- Wings: Two piece with carbon fiber wing joiner
- Covering: Top Flite MonoKote
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Cowl: Prepainted fiberglass
- Wheel Pants: Prepainted fiberglass
- Landing Gear: Prepainted fiberglass
- Wheels: Main-two foam 2-1/4" (57mm) diameter, tailwheel 3/4" (19mm) diameter
- Spinner: Plastic, white in color 2.25" (57mm) diameter
- Hardware: Full set included
- Building Time: Approximately 6-8 hours
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase.
The Edge 540T, the first in the E-Performance XLC (Extreme Light Concept) Series, takes those features a step further resulting in a spirited performer that takes full advantage of advanced ElectriFly engineering and pre-fabrication to instantly become a leader in this bold new market!
Carbon fiber, hand-selected woods and lightweight fiberglass combine to create an ARF that rivals the most exclusive aerobatic models on the market. Airfoiled control surfaces, pre-hinged ailerons and rudder and a pre-installed motor box with cowl ring are just some of the examples of the attention to detail and pre-fabrication you'll find on this Edge 540T. No expense has been spared in engineering a spirited performer that even the most discriminating pilot will appreciate. Extensive preassembly and pre-covering in genuine MonoKote film accelerates box-to-flight line time to just a few hours.Includes:
ElectriFly ARF Edge 540T Aerobatic Airplane with fiberglass cowl, wheel pants and landing gear, wheels, hardware and photo- illustrated instruction manualRequires:
Radio: 4-5 channel
Y Harness: For aileron servos
12" (305mm) Extensions: Two
16" (406mm) Extensions: Two
Motor: Rimfire brushless outrunner 42-50-800kV, GPMG4700
Voltage Regulator: CSEM0005
45A ESC for Brushless Motors: GPMM1840
Battery: LiPo 2100mAh
Cell Balancer: For LiPo battery, GPMM3160
Battery Charger: LiPo compatible
Propeller: 13x8E for sport setup
12x6E for 3D setup
Wingspan: 49.5" (1260mm)
Wing Area: 490 sq in (31.6 sq dm)
Weight: 3.25 - 3.5lb (1470 - 1590g)
Airfoil: Fully symmetrical, mid wing placement
Wing Loading: 15 - 16oz/sq ft (46 - 49g/sq dm)
Length: 48" (1220mm)
Center of Gravity: 2-13/16" (71mm) back from the leading edge of the wing at the side of the fuselage
Elevator: 1/2" (13mm) 8?
Rudder: 2" (51mm) 17?
Ailerons: 1/2" (13mm) 10?
Elevator: 3/4" (19mm) 12?
Rudder: 3.5" (89mm) 30?
Ailerons: 3/4" (19mm) 15?
Elevator: 2.5" (64mm) 42?
Rudder: 5" (127mm) 45?
Ailerons: 1-3/4" (44mm) 40?