This is the Great Planes ElectriCub II Airplane Kit. The stable and smooth flight characteristics of the Great Planes J-3 ElectriCub lets you make a quick and painless transition to electric powered airplanes.
You'll enjoy a whole new world of advantages with Great Planes' Piper J-3 ElectriCub! From its versatile performance to the exciting semi-scale looks that are patterned after one of aviation's most popular aircraft, this is a thoroughly satisfying first (or next) electric airplane model. It packs away comfortably in your car, always ready for a flight... just pop in a fresh battery and take your place in the sky!
1/8" wire landing gear, hardware package, all balsa and plywood to build the kit, ABS plastic cowling with dummy engine, full size rolled plans, photo illustrated instruction manual with plan reference, decals, clear butyrate canopy and side windows.
Radio: 4 channel w/4 mini servos (or 3 mini servos and Electronic Speed Control)
Motor: Speed 600 size or Speed 600 size with gear drive system
Battery: 7-Cell (8.4V NiCd) at least 1700mAh
Charger: for 7 Cell Batteries (Peak Charger Recommended)
Covering: Two 6 foot rolls and matching paint for cowl
Misc items: two 2" Ultralite wheels, one .75" tailwheel, 1/16" and
1/8" wheel collars, foam Rubber, 1/6 scale pilot, assorted building and field equipment
Wingspan: 58.75" (1490mm)
Wing Area: 471.5 sq in (30.4 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 16-17oz/sq ft (49-52g/sq dm)
Fuselage Length: 37" (940mm)
Weight: 3.25-3.5lb (1470-1590g)
Airfoil: Flat-bottom, high-wing
Center of gravity: 2-7/8" back from the leading edge of wing at fuse (not from inside the windshield area)
Elevator: Up and Down .75"
Ailerons: Up .50" Down .375"
Rudder: Left and Right .75"
Elevator: Up and Down .625"
Ailerons: Up 3/8" Down .25"
Rudder: Left and Right .50"
Wing: +2 degrees
Stabilizer: +3 degrees with the aft deck base at 0 degrees
Motor: 4 degrees down thrust and 2 degrees right thrust
Note: If your radio does not have dual rates, we recommend setting the throws between the low and high rate amount.
- New and improved design with new CAD engineering provides easy, perfectly interlocking construction for a quick, light weight, yet strong airframe assembly
- Includes ailerons and rudder control
- Perform coordinated turns and basic aerobatic maneuvers.
- Motor mount accepts direct drive or gear drive motors. The motor is not included, but this allows the modeler to choose from a variety of options such as direct drive, gear drive or gear drive with Electronic Speed Control
- Semi-scale details include clear, precision-formed cabin windows
- Easy access to the 7-cell NiCd battery from the compartment on the underside of the fuselage- No disassembly or wing removal is required. Simply pop out the pack, recharge and get right back in the air
- Bolt-on wing mounting lets you easily and quickly remove the wing for travel, then reattach it securely in no time at the flying field.
- Authentic Cub markings, replica engine cylinder heads, and a one-piece ABS cowling are all included
- Flat-bottom wing for comforting low-speed stability
- 90-Day Warranty (through the manufacturer)