This is the Great Planes Giant Big Stik ARF Sport Airplane. This airplane is recommended for pilots with trainer airplane experience and is ideal for learning sport aerobatics or as a first giant scale flight airplane.
- Made of balsa and plywood
- One piece wing, all wood, held to fuselage with two included 1/4- 20 wing bolts, wing halves slide together onto an aluminum joiner tube
- Factory applied adhesive backed MonoKote covering. Color scheme is Red with the Maltese cross in Black set against a White background on the wings, tail section, and top of the fuselage behind the wing.
- Radio Compartment is easily accessible under wing, plywood reinforced
- Pre-formed aluminum landing gear, .16" (4mm) thick main gear, with 0.20" (5mm) diameter nose gear wire, .10" (2.5mm) diameter tail gear
- Instructions included for installing taildragger landing gear (used with most gasoline powered planes) or tricycle style which provides easier ground control with a steerable nose wheel
- Composite construction, adjustable engine mount
- Approximately 14oz (420cc) fuel tank for use with glow fuel only, if using with gasoline engine a Sullivan Conversion Kit (SULQ2684), Dubro Fuel Line Barbs (DUBQ0670), and Gasoline Fuel Tubing (GPMQ4135) must be used
- Three wheels, 3.5" (89mm) foam, one 1" (25.4mm) tailwheel
- Dual servo aileron control; Plane is intended to be flown with flaps using at least a 5-channel radio. If a 4-channel radio is used, the flaps must be linked to the aileron servos using Y-harnesses resulting in all 4 control surfaces functioning as ailerons
- Building Time: Ready to fly in 10-15 hours
- Warranty Period (through the manufacturer): Great Planes Model Manufacturing guarantees this kit free from defects in material and workmanship at date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any components damaged by use or modification.
Big Stik advantages get even bigger and better with the Great Planes Giant Big Stik ARF! It goes together quickly and has amazing sport aerobatic potential. Plus, the giant-scale size makes your maneuvers easy to see and enjoy. The addition of flaps provides the perfect opportunity to use your computer radio's mixing capabilities.
One Great Planes ARF 1.60 size Giant Big Stik Sport Airplane with pre-built and covered wings fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, pre-bent main landing gear, two main wheels, one tailwheel, one nose gear wheel, nylon adjustable engine mount,
16oz (480cc) fuel tank, plywood servo trays and wing joiners, hardware package, wing joiner tube, and photo-illustrated instructions.
Engine: 1.20-1.60 cu in (20-26cc) 2-stroke OR 1.20-1.80 cu in (20-29cc) 4-stroke OR 1.5-2.1 cu in (25-35cc) gasoline
Muffler: Supplied with engine, engine mounts at 90° angle
Radio: 4-5ch (at least 5-ch recommended)
Spinner: 2¾" (70mm)
Receiver Pack: Minimum 1000mAh
Servos: 7-8 standard size with at least 50 oz-in for flaps and ailerons, elevator and rudder servos should have 70 oz-in of torque
36" (910mm) Servo Extensions: Two for elevator and rudder
24" (610mm) Servo Extensions: Two for ailerons
6" (150mm) Servo Extensions: Two for flaps
Y-Harness: Two for flap and aileron servos
Misc. Items: Glow plug, ¼" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.