This is the HPI 2012 Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Sprint 2 Sport RTR. The Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR has competed in the GT Class at the American Le Mans Series. Team Falken Tire finished the 2011 season in 5th place in the GT Drivers Championships and 4th place overall in the ALMS GT Championships. The team garnered two race wins, at the Baltimore GP and at Mid-Ohio, plus four top five finishes out of nine races in 2011. In 2012 the team won the Baltimore GP, repeating its win from 2011.
For the 2012 season Team Falken is equipped with the latest version of the venerable Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, based on the previous generation 997 series 911. The 2012 Porsche RSR has slightly more output than the 2011 model, with a 4.0 liter, six-cylinder boxer engine, now developing 460 PS (338 kW / 454 hp) instead of the previous 455 PS (335 kW / 449 hp).
- Replica BBS Racing Wheels
- Nimble 4WD handling and easy to drive in all conditions
- Adjustable shock positions to maximize suspension performance
- Replica Falken Azenis RT Slick Tires
- Ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
- Many existing Sprint 2 option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
- SC-15WP waterproof and reversible ESC for smooth and efficient motor control
- TF-40 radio system with pistol grip transmitter and 2.4GHz operation for trouble free reception
- Silicone oil-filled coil-over shock absorbers
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
- Pre-painted body with decals pre-applied
- Foam bumper protects the car from potentially damaging impacts
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance and maximum reliability
- 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale touring car wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
The engine has been coupled to a six-speed sequential gearbox that’s operated by paddle shifters on the steering wheel. A few other details are new for the 2012 edition, such as the a new ducting of the air intake and the diameter of the front wheels, which has now increased by 30 mm to 680 mm.
The HPI replica of the 2012 Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR features a beautifully pre-painted and pre-decaled 1/10 scale polycarbonate bodyshell that’s mounted on the electric powered HPI Sprint 2 Sport chassis. The bodyshell features realistic aerodynamic details, like the highly detailed rear diffuser, aero cutout right behind the front wheel well, and a multi position adjustable rear wing. The HPI Sprint 2 Sport is a 4WD belt driven high performance chassis and features a performance proven chassis with oil filled adjustable shocks mounted on multi position shock towers, adjustable front and rear camber links, adjustable height body mounts and a full set of ball bearings for maximum efficiency.
The chassis sits atop replica Falken Azenis RT Slick tires (31mm front/34mm rear) that have been mounted onto replica BBS wheels (9mm offset front/12mm offset rear). The HPI Sprint 2 has been equipped with waterproof electronics and a 2.4GHz HPI TF-40 radio system for precise and consistent control. Included with the kit are AA batteries for the transmitter, an AC wall charger, and a 7.2V HPI PLAZMA 2000mAh battery pack. A Firebolt 15T electric motor gives you super quick accelerations and fun right out of the box.
The HPI Sprint 2 Sport RTR is now better than ever! HPI has taken their proven Sprint 2 platform and added a 2.4GHz radio system, waterproof electronics, pre-painted bodies, LIPO-capable electronic speed control, AA batteries for the transmitter, 7.2V battery pack with AC wall charger, and orange anodized chassis parts. Plus, it's all pre-built to precise factory specs to get you driving quickly.
Controlling the HPI Sprint 2 Sport is easy with the included HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system. You’ll never need to worry about changing crystals; the radio automatically prevents frequency conflicts. The TF-40 pistol grip transmitter features adjustments for throttle trim, steering trim, steering dual rate, servo reversing switches, end points, low battery indicator, and a 3rd channel for optional accessories. The 3 channel receiver has also been equipped with a failsafe system for maximum safety.
The HPI Sprint 2 Sport RTR now has a waterproof receiver box to keep the included 2.4GHz receiver protected from the elements for glitch-free operation. A new waterproof SC-15WP speed control and SF-10W waterproof steering servo means your HPI Sprint 2 Sport RTR won't be stopped by wet conditions.
To help get your new HPI Sprint 2 Sport RTR running as quickly as possible, an AC wall charger and a rechargeable 7.2V Plazma 2000mAh battery pack are now included, along with Plazma AA's for your transmitter. Simply charge the battery and you're ready to start driving!
The HPI Sprint 2 Sport RTR’s chassis is easy to drive, 4WD for consistent performance on a wide variety of surfaces, and has all of the features that you’ll need to adjust for a perfect set-up: toe-in, camber, ride height, Ackerman, and a wide variety of available shock oils and shock springs! With a reinforced molded nylon chassis, large foam front bumper, upper deck and shock towers, you'll see that the HPI Sprint 2 Sport can really take the abuse of parking lot driving. The full ball bearing, dual belt, 4 wheel drive transmission is very efficient and capable of handling high power modified electric motors down to 10 turns.
The HPI Sprint 2 Sport RTR takes full advantage of all of the benefits of electric power; it's clean, quiet, powerful, and truly plug-and-play... no starter or fuel needed! Its power comes from a Firebolt 15T motor and is controlled by an electronic speed control for complete control over brakes, throttle, and reverse. 6 and 7 cell NiMh battery packs fit easily in the Sprint 2 Sport RTR, as well as 2S Li-Po packs.