This is the HPI Baja 5B 2.0 RTR with a 2.4 GHz radio system included. For 2013, the HPI Baja 5B has received an all new Matte finish treatment for an all around tougher and more distinctive look!
- 2.4GHz - high frequency operation eliminates radio interference
- Ergonomic design - comfortable pistol grip handle and foam steering wheel
- Built-in failsafe function - protects the car from low voltage runaways
- Servo reversing switches - quickly reverse the servos for multiple applications
- New Body Colors - HPI Orange Graphics on Black and HPI Orange Graphics on Silver
- 1 Refined 23cc Fuelie Engine with the High Flow Muffler and 8000 RPM clutch
- VVC/HD Shock Absorbers -oil-filled, externally adjustable coilover shocks for fantastic performance and heavy-duty action
- Gunmetal Anodizing
- Long Travel Suspension
- Dual Vented Disc Brake
- Electronic Failsafe -adjustable failsafe setting ensures that should your Baja 5B lose radio signal, instead of flying out of control it will come to a safe and controlled stop
- All-Terrain tires & Beadlock Wheels
- Adjustable Rear Wing
- Complete Set of Ball Bearings
- Spread Spectrum DSSS - no frequency worries when running with dozens of cars at the same time
- Easy operation - simplified feature list avoids the complexity of computerized radios
- No crystals needed - saves money and improves reliability
- Steering dual rate - easily fine tune the steering to track conditions
- Low battery warning - a flashing LED indicates when the transmitter batteries are running low
- Sealed Radio Box
- Torx T27 Engine Screws to make maintenance and rebuilds less of a chore
- Unique Baja monocoque aluminum chassis
- Hard Plastic Skid Plates
- Viscous Torque Differential delivers power smoothly to the rear wheels
- Long Wheelbase is ideal for racing on large tracks designed for 1/5th scale vehicles, or just playing in big fields
- High Capacity Fuel Tank
The visuals on the Baja 5B 2.0 RTR are further enhanced by bold new graphics to freshen up the overall look of the kits. Underneath the 2013 Baja 5B, you’ll see a refined 23cc Fuelie Engine driving the ultra tough proven Baja 5B chassis, suspension and drivetrain. With standard features such as 8000 RPM Clutch, VVC/HD Shocks, High Flow Muffler, Monocoque Chassis, Viscous Torque Differentials, Dual Vented Disc Brakes and realistic high performance Beadlock Wheels the Baja 5B is a high performance machine right out of the box. The amazing HPI 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum DSSS radio system also comes as standard equipment on the kit, along with high performance servos and a built in failsafe function to prevent low voltage runaways.
When the designers at HPI released the original Baja buggy to the public, they didn't realize the absolutely insane storm of popularity that it would receive. Racers everywhere loved it, reviews from all over the world absolutely glowed with enthusiasm, shops ran out of stock and brand new companies sprung up to make wild hop-ups for this one-of-a-kind machine. The folks at HPI had just as much fun tracking all the praise as we did for the Savage monster truck! Most encouraging of all, though, HPI heard back from customers everywhere about how much they enjoy their Baja, which is the best thing anyone could possibly expect.
After all that, you'll understand that when it comes to updating such a legendary car, you can't mess with the magic too much: HPI wanted to give their fans more of the same, without going overboard. It was a tricky subject, but they’re sure they got it right on the money.
The electronics included in every HPI Baja RTR buggy and truck have to be suitable to the task of handling a car nearly a meter long that can go over 35 MPH - that includes a handy built-in electronic failsafe to prevent a runaway Baja! The stock 2.4GHz radio system makes running your Baja more enjoyable and safer than ever. You’ll never need to worry about radio conflicts, crystals, or radio interference, because this new Baja is equipped with the latest Spread Spectrum radio technology that delivers worry-free driving. The heavy-duty steering servo now includes an aluminum steering arm and tough metal gears for extra durability. A powerful sub-C type 6-volt receiver pack powers the servos for confidence and longevity. You'll find that many Baja bashers don't find a need to upgrade the radio system, as it's already perfect for the task!
HPI makes it so easy for beginners to get into 1/5 scale! Simply open the box, charge up the battery, and add pre-mixed fuel and go! The all new 2013 Baja 5B is completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box! Everything is assembled and tuned for you by professionals – shocks, engine connections, and more are perfect before you even open the kit so you don't have to do a thing to get going fast!
HPI Ready-To-Run models bring you the same high quality and performance that you'd expect from a high end model car kit but with the added convenience of being factory pre-assembled to the highest standards - giving you a high performance RC car straight from the box! HPI RTR cars are 98% factory assembled - they come Ready-To-Run and equipped with all the radio gear required. Just a few steps are needed to get your car up and running, such as adding the batteries to the transmitter and receiver and if you have a nitro powered car, running in the engine - which is now even easier with our comprehensive manual and HPI RC cars DVD which are both included in every box.
One HPI Racing Baja 5B 2.0 RTR Buggy with Fuelie 23cc gasoline engine, 2.4GHz DSSS radio system, 3300mAh receiver pack, painted body, comprehensive instructions manual and HPI RC Cars DVD.
Pump Petrol, 2 Cycle Engine Oil, 5 Litre Fuel Can, 6 AA Batteries, Stick Battery Charger