This is the HPI Baja 5SC 1/5 scale Gas Powered Short Course Truck RTR with a 2.4GHz radio system included. For 2013, the HPI Baja 5SC receives an all new Matte finish treatment for an all around tougher and more distinctive look! Jump into the thrill of Short Course racing with the Baja 5SC truck from HPI!
The visuals on the all new Baja 5SC RTR are further enhanced by bold new graphics to freshen up the overall look of the kits. With standard features such as 8000 RPM Clutch, VVC/HD Shocks, Viscous Torque Differentials, High Flow Muffler, Monocoque Chassis, Dual Vented Disc Brakes and realistic high performance Beadlock Wheels, the Baja 5SC is a high performance machine right out of the box.
Underneath the 2013 Baja 5SC, you'll find a refined 26cc Fuelie Engine driving the ultra tough proven Baja 5SC chassis, suspension and drivetrain. The HPI 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum DSSS radio system is also standard equipment on the kit along with high performance servos and a built in failsafe function to prevent low voltage runaways.
The Baja 5SC takes the HPI Baja line-up on to the Short Course Track with the SC-1 body that gives the Baja 5SC authentic Short Course looks. Adding to the durability and realistic look is the large rear bumper and skid-plate front bumper with real rubber mud flaps. Power comes from a massive 26cc Fuelie engine that propels the new HPI Baja 5SC to speeds in excess of 40mph and it runs for more than 45 minutes on a single tank of regular unleaded pump gasoline. For extra traction on any dirt surface, HB Rodeoo tires are now standard equipment, mounted on new TR-10 bead-lock truck wheels.
Durability is assured with Heavy Duty rear hub carriers, Super Heavy Duty 9mm drive shafts, and Heavy Duty front hex hubs. A 2.4GHz radio system is standard equipment for precise control and long distance reception without the hassles of frequency crystals. It's all ready-to-run right out of the box, pre-assembled by our expert crew so you can hit the dirt quickly.
HPI makes it super-easy to get into large scale! The all new HPI Baja 5SC is completely pre-built, painted and assembled right out of the box, so hitting the dirt is fast and easy! All you need to do is open the box, add AA batteries to the transmitter, charge the receiver battery (we suggest HPI's #HPI2037 or #HPI2038 wall charger, or your own fast charger - not included), add 25:1 pre-mixed fuel and go!
As with all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step by step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your truck for maintenance and easy servicing. The HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
One HPI Baja 5SC Short Course Truck RTR with HPI Fuelie 26S CC Engine, Hot Bodies Rodeoo Tires, Tire Foam, Wheels, 2-Cycle Oil, Tools, Shock Oil, Diff Oil, Air Filter Oil, Decals, 2.4GHz Radio and Instruction Manual
Unleaded Gasoline: 87-93 octane, mix gasoline and two cycle oil at 25:1 ratio
- 2.4GHz - high frequency operation eliminates radio interference
- Ergonomic design - comfortable pistol grip handle and foam steering wheel
- Built-in failsafe function - protects the truck from low voltage runaways
- Servo reversing switches - quickly reverse the servos for multiple applications
- New wide Short Course body
- Front & Rear Short Course Bumpers
- Super Heavy Duty Diff Shafts
- Heavy Duty Rear Hubs
- Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
- Fuelie 26cc Engine
- Metal Transmission Gears
- Dual Vented Disc Brakes
- Large 700cc Fuel Tank
- Spread Spectrum DSSS - no frequency worries when running with dozens of cars at the same time
- HB Rodeoo Short Course Tires
- Easy operation - simplified feature list avoids the complexity of computerized radios
- No crystals needed - saves money and improves reliability
- Super Heavy Duty Drive Shafts
- Steering dual rate - easily fine tune the steering to track conditions
- Super Heavy Duty Drive Axles
- Low battery warning - a flashing LED indicates when the transmitter batteries are running low
- Sealed Radio Box
- Long Travel Suspension
- Viscous Torque Diff
- Dirt Guards
- 8,000 RPM Clutch
Chassis Length: 35.43" (900mm)
Width: Front, 17.3" (440mm), Rear, 18.1" (460mm)
Front Track: 14.6" (370mm)
Rear Track: 14.9" (380mm) distance between outer edges of wheels side-to-side
Wheelbase: 22.4" (570mm)
Weight: 27.9lbs (12.6kg)
Length: 36.5" (927mm)
Width: 17.9" (455mm) at rear wheels, widest point
Width: 14.25" (362mm) behind front wheels, narrowest point
Height: 9.5" (241mm)
Thickness: 0.039" (1mm)