The Savage X SS 4.6 is our most powerful and toughest Savage ever. Following the tradition of past SS models, the Savage X SS is one of the few build-it-yourself monster truck kits on the market, aimed at R/C enthusiasts who enjoy the process of building and customizing their truck. Standard equipment includes the powerful K4.6 engine with pullstarter, along with an exciting list of new features and updates that make the Savage X SS capable of handling the toughest beating you can throw at it.
The powerful Nitro Star K4.6 engine pumps out 2.9 horsepower from .28 cubic inches for a top speed of 44 mph and enough power to do wheelies on command! An anodized billet aluminum head keeps it cool during extreme off-road driving, and standard features include true ABC construction using a long-life chromed sleeve, an 8.5mm composite carburetor for high performance and improved high temperature tuning, and a pullstarter for easy starting. The engine is mated to a high performance polished tuned pipe and high flow tube header to help maximize power output.
The entire drivetrain is equipped to handle the K4.6 power. Cast alloy differential cups with steel pin guides are now standard on the front and rear of the truck, delivering unmatched durability and extending the standard maintenance interval of the diffs. All of the internal diff gears are now shimmed for precise mesh, and we even shim the outdrive bearings and input shafts for extra precision. Heavy duty diff shafts, cup joints, drive shafts and dogbones are used for maximum strength and durability. And, a hardened steel spur gear with a matching ventilated racing clutchbell have been added for the ultimate in drivetrain strength, right out of the box.
To help handle the extra power and speed, we've beefed up the already legendary toughness of the Savage chassis. The aluminum TVP chassis plates have extra strength in critical areas, and the motor plate is now thicker, using 2.5mm 7075 aircraft quality alloy. The engine mount now has an adjustable nose support for the engine, designed to prevent the engine from moving during hard landings or crashes. Even the nylon skid plates and bumpers have been modified for extra durability to securely hold the suspension pins and extra sealing has been added to prevent dirt from getting into the differentials. To beef up the braking, our dual stainless steel disc brake kit comes standard, featuring two vented stainless discs and a machined steel brake hub. An adjustable cam-type servo saver delivers quick steering response and added servo protection.
High grip Dirt Bonz tires are 40% lighter than our standard Savage tires for tenacious off-road grip and quicker acceleration. Chrome Warlock wheels are standard, mounted on proven-tough 17mm cast alloy hex hubs and new steel nylock wheel screws with serrated fins that prevent the wheel nuts from vibrating off. And the great features are there too easy diff access, improved radio box, low CG chassis, nylon roll hoop, engine protection cage, adjustable turnbuckles, adjustable shock position, easy access transmission, and a dual stage air filter.
As with past SS kits, the Savage X SS does not include electronics, so owners can customize their Savage exactly how they want it. A clear and trimmed body with pre-cut decals is included so you can do your own custom paint job.
Step up to the speed, power and durability of a Savage X SS 4.6!
One HPI Savage X SS Monster Truck kit with oil shocks, K4.6 engine, clear body, decals, tires, foam inserts, 6 spoke chrome wheels, 17 tooth clutch bell, 47 tooth spur gear, and instructions
Radio: 2-Channel with 1 standard servo for throttle, 1 high torque servo for steering, and 1 standard size and torque servo if the optional reverse module (HPI87039) is purchased.
Radio Batteries: (8) AA size
Receiver Pack: 6V 5-cell hump configuration
Wall Charger: For receiver pack
Glow Starter: 1.2V
Paint: Polycarbonate for body
Misc. Items: Fuel bottle, building and track equipment
Fuel: 2-stroke glow fuel with 20% nitromethane, 16% lubricant
- High Performance Polished Tuned Pipe: Dual chamber design for higher top speed and wide power band.
- Dirt Bonz Tires: 40% lighter than the GT Truck Tires for more speed, soft and sticky S-compound rubber for high traction on dirt surfaces.
- Front and Rear Skidplate Bumpers: Realistic skidplate bumpers made of high impact nylon look great and minimize crash damage.
- Cam Type Servo Saver: Adjustable design allows precise tuning for optimal steering response and extra servo gear protection.
- Dual Disc Brake: Stainless steel, drilled disc brakes provide serious stopping power, enough to do "brakies" on command.
- 4-Gear Differentials: For increased drivetrain durability as well as extended time between maintenance.
- Heavy Duty Diff Shafts and Cup Joints: Hardened for extra strength and to lengthen the time between re-builds.
- Heavy Duty Dogbones: A powerful engine requires a heavy duty drivetrain for durability. We've got you covered with heavy duty dogbones, diff shafts and cup joints.
- 2 Speed: Adjustable 2 speed transmission with heavy-duty metal internal gears for durability, bottom end punch and high top speed. Adjustable slipper clutch for drivetrain protection.
- Adjustable Upper Arms: Turnbuckles allow easy adjustability of the suspension geometry for improved handling and performance.
- Easy Maintenance: Quick access to the front or rear differential by removing six screws.
- Redesigned Radio Box: New radio box with extra room for electronics, includes provisions for an external battery level indicator and an optional charging jack. Easy-to-use design eliminates the need for clips.
- Easier To Work On: The center gearbox can be accessed without removing the chassis plates. Just remove six screws and the top case lifts off for quick and easy transmission maintenance.
- Low CG TVP chassis: The new chassis design lowers the center of gravity for stable handling and faster lap times.
- Lightweight suspension arms: New lightweight suspension arms deliver quick suspension response and reduce overall truck weight.
- More Adjustability: Adjustable turnbuckles allow you to make quick and easy suspension adjustments. New shock towers have three different shock mounting positions for a variety of suspension setups.
- Chrome Warlock wheels with tough 17mm hex hubs: Large 17mm metal alloy hex hubs hold the wheels securely and prevent stripping.
- Fully Compatible: Compatible with most existing Savage (21, 25, SS) option parts
- Nitro Star K4.6 Engine: High torque, 2.9 horsepower engine delivers massive power
- Machined Head: Billet aluminum heat sink for better cooling and durability. Machined cut-outs for convenient access to mounting screws for easy disassembly.
- Flushed Screw Settings for Fuel Mixture: The stock carburetor settings are designed to fit flush to the carburetor body allowing one to easily get back to factory settings. This avoids unnecessary damage to the needle during tuning. Hand Adjustable High Speed Needle - Conveniently tune your engine's high speed needle by hand - no tools necessary! Tuning your engine just got easier.
- Huge, 8.5mm Composite Carburetor: The composite material shields more heat than cast aluminum making your engine idle smoother and run more consistently at high temperatures.
- Durable Finned Aluminum Crankcase: Cast aluminum crankcase is designed for maximum durability and heat dissipation with numerous heat sink fins.
- Heavy Duty 3 Shoe Clutch System: The 3 shoe clutch system paired with the massively "torquey" K4.6 engine gives you the power to do wheelies on command!
- 8 Port Chrome Plated Brass Sleeve: Designed to operate at very high RPM's and crank out serious horsepower!
- ABC Construction: The K4.6 engine features true ABC (Aluminum, Brass, & Chrome) construction the ultimate in strength, durability, and high performance. The 8 port sleeve is made from durable chrome plated brass for strength and durability, and the lightened piston is made of lightweight aluminum for optimal performance. The knife-edged aluminum connecting rod is streamlined for performance and includes bushings on each end for added durability and strength.
- Innovative Dual Stage Air Filter Design: The "High Flow" Dual Stage Air Filter dramatically reduces intake restriction as it smoothes and straightens air flow. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The innovative design also offers unprecedented protection from dirt and dust
- Warranty: Two year limited, valid only in USA, Canada and South America
13.25" (336mm) wheels on-center front-to-rearSuspension Travel:
diameter: 5.71" (145.1mm), width 3.38" (85.8mm)
Length: 19.2" (488mm)
Width: 8.7" (221mm) at rear wheels, widest point
Width: 7.2" (184mm) behind from wheels, thinnest point
Height: 4.9" (125mm)
Review Summary (Based on 2 Reviews)
I have had a lot of expiriebce of rc cars in the past. I have owned a t-maxx 2.5, 3.3 a jato 3.3 and a sportwerks chaos, and this thing is the best of thm all. I had a little trouble with the radio box piece of the kit, but it worth having a awsome truck