HPI Racing Savage XL is loaded with new features that make it the perfect choice for anyone looking for a massive monster truck! To make sure the servos have all the power they need and then some, HPI threw in a 6 volt 1200mAh NiMH battery pack! This rechargeable pack even includes a convenient wall charger so you can make sure that the XL is always ready to rumble! You don't even need to take the pack out of the truck to charge it - just use the convenient charging jack built into the radio box and you're ready to go!
The first thing that hits the ground are the huge HPI Terra Pin tires, which feature a tall sidewall and tough spikes to rip through grass and loose dirt. The tall tires make handling the rough stuff easy, and the ground clearance of more than 3 inches gets you over obstacles with room to spare!
- Chassis: Rigid 6061-series aluminum TVP (twin vertical plate) 0.12" (3mm) thick
- Drive: Four wheel shaft driven
- Engine: HPI Nitro Star K5.9 .36 cu in (5.9cc), ABC cylinder and piston construction, three needle composite bodied slide valve carburetor with 9.5mm inlet, dual stage air filter, starts with included HPI Roto Start 2 shaft drive electric starter, one-piece engine mount and 0.12" (3mm) mounting plate
- Exhaust: Polished aluminum two-chamber tuned pipe and polished
- aluminum manifold
- Radio: HPI TF-20U 2.4GHz with steering and throttle trim and reverse and dual rate adjustment, transmitter does not have charge jack
- Servos: SF-1 standard servo for throttle, SF-5 high torque servo with 8.9kg/cm2 at 6 volts
- Wheels: Chrome plated 2.2" (56mm) wide with 17mm aluminum hex hubs, 3.4" (87mm) diameter
- Tires: HPI Terra Pin with spike pattern for grass and loose dirt and center chevron pattern for directional stability, 7" (178mm) diameter, 3.35" (85mm) wide
- Shocks: Eight long-stroke oil-filled
- Fuel Tank: 5.4oz (160cc), flip top cap
- Clutch: Three shoe aluminum
- Clutch Bell: Heavy duty steel construction, vented 16 tooth
- Body: Painted and trimmed 0.60" (1.5mm) thick polycarbonate GT
- Gigante monster truck, body color is blue or orange
- Suspension: Double wishbone with lightweight suspension arms
- Caster: Adjustable front and rear toe-in, caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car
- Camber: Adjustable, camber refers to the angle of the tops of the tires from vertical when viewed from front or behind vehicle
- Brake: Machined steel hub and dual red fiberglass brake discs
- Transmission: Three-speed with metal gears and adjustable shift point
- Differentials: Alloy cases with with machined steel rings and pinion bevel gears with new larger machined steel diff outdrives and axles
- Slipper Clutch: Heavy duty dual slipper plates and shock absorbing rubber pad
- Spur Gear: Machined steel 52 tooth
- Ball Bearings: Full set, rubber sealed
- Steering: Bell crank with cam-type servo saver steering arms
- Warranty Period: Two year limited, valid only in the US, Canada and South America
The longer wheelbase and wider stance of the Savage XL allow it to handle even rougher terrain than other Savage monster trucks. When the going gets rough you want the size, power and strength of the Savage XL!
New Upgraded Parts. Savage big-block monster trucks are legendary for their toughness in the most extreme conditions, and the XL goes even further. With all-new suspension and drivetrain parts designed to take the load of the biggest-ever Nitro Star engine, the Savage XL has what it takes to make it last!
The Savage XL has loads of features that make it easier to drive than shorter-wheelbase monster trucks, while making it tougher and more durable for jumping and in off-road conditions. Tall all-terrain tires, 8 shocks and plush double-wishbone suspension combine for reliable and predictable handling. Add in the new heavy duty suspension parts, strong bracing points and the famous Savage durability of the standard parts and you get one tough machine!
Just like the other Savage monster trucks, the XL uses double wishbone suspension to get the power to the ground and soak up jumps and more. With lightweight Savage X-type suspension arms, tough molded upper links and super-tough hardware you have the peace of mind that comes with having control of the toughest monster truck around!
At the heart of the Savage XL is the all-new, monstrous Nitro Star K5.9 engine! This 5.9cc (.36 cubic inch) powerplant gives the XL loads of torque for turning the giant tires.The K5.9 engine delivers the muscle and grunt that you'll want for powering the Savage XL over any type of terrain and through any obstacle!
The massive K5.9 powerband supplies the torque for getting the XL up to speed quickly, and the curved manifold and aluminum tuned pipe get the most power out of the engine, and a giant heatsink head so you won't have to worry about overheating! The K5.9 is fitted with a Roto-Start 2 electric starter system for easy starting. A vented heavy-duty clutchbell and aluminum 3-shoe clutch are standard equipment for tough and reliable power transfer.
Roto Start 2 Installed. Get things going quickly with the Roto Start 2 electric starting system pre-installed onto the back of the engine. The Roto Start 2 replaces the standard pullstarter with a handheld shaft-drive starting unit so you don't have to deal with pullstarting the engine by hand. Just install a charged 7.2v stick-pack battery into the Roto Start 2 hand unit, insert the shaft into the back of the engine, press the button and you're off! It doesn't get any easier!
Full array of heavy-duty drivetrain components, from clutch to brakes and outdrives to hubs, ensure you have plenty of fun! Machined steel brake hub and dual red fibreglass brake discs provide secure and fast stopping power Cam-type servo saver steering arms improve the efficiency and power of the steering servo Extremely easy access to front and rear differentials - no chassis disassembly required to get to diffs or tranny gears!
Savage X-style vertical transmission case for fast disassembly and simple access to internal gears Stronger transmission case with extra webbing and improved strength over earlier Savage designs Full set of rubber-sealed ball bearings for maximum efficiency and power from the engine. Bigger, tougher 'GT Gigante' body has classic Savage styling and strength with 0.60" thickness polycarbonate
HPI makes it as easy for beginners to get into Nitro RC. The Savage XL RTR it is completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box! HPI Ready-To-Run models bring you the same high performance and quality that you expect from racing kits with the added convenience of being factory pre-assembled to the highest standards.
Everything is assembled and tuned for you by professionals - radio system, diffs, slipper clutch, shocks and more are perfect before you even open the box! Just a few steps are needed to get your car up and running, such as adding the batteries to the transmitter and breaking in the engine - which is now even easier with our comprehensive manual. Full Assembly Instructions. As with all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your monster truck for maintenance and easy servicing.
Available With Your Choice of Blue Or Orange GT Gigante Body!
With the Savage XL you get your choice of a striking pre-painted metallic blue or fluorescent orange GT Gigante body with a racing scheme, or you can customize your truck with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate bodies from the huge range of HPI Savage bodies! Choose from the cool Retro Collection or check out the ultra-modern set of HPI bodies!
Requires: Fuel bottle, glow starter, nitro fuel, battery charger for Roto Start 2 and 7.2V stick batter for Roto Start 2