This is the HPI Trophy 4.6 4WD 1/8 scale Glow Powered Truggy Racer RTR. HPI Trophy range of off-road racers has been updated with the latest in 2.4GHz radio technology, waterproof servos and a waterproof receiver and battery compartment! That's right: one of our most popular nitro kits ever now has been upgraded to make it a performer just about anywhere!
In addition to being race-bred and ready for track action, the updated Trophy Truggy 4.6 looks great, too. The aerodynamic racing truck bodyshell features a brand new paint design, and the Shredder Block angle pin racing tires are wrapped around cool black chrome Edge 7-spoke wheels. The rear wing isn't just for looks, either - it gives the Trophy loads of downforce and control in the air. To top everything off, we've updated the anodizing of the shock caps, wheel nuts and more to HPI-spec bright orange!
Want to tackle that muddy bug? How about that stream crossing? A bit of rain about to fall? That's all fine for the Trophy! The Trophy Truggy 4.6 now features a cool waterproof electronics compartment for the receiver and receiver batteries and a pair of HPI SF-10W waterproof servos and finally a water-resistant air filter cover that allows you to keep running the Trophy Truggy 4.6 in truly extreme conditions!
All of the latest HPI kits are now fitted with a comfortable and feature-packed HPI 2.4GHz radio system for supreme control and confidence! The radio features a pistol-grip design with drop-down steering wheel, 3 channel functionality, easy carry handle, fold-down aerial, end point adjustments, servo reversing and steering dual rate. It's also extremely lightweight due to it requiring only four AA batteries. You won't have to worry about radio crystals or what channel other RC racers are using with our 2.4GHz technology - the radio does all that work for you! The radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically and changes channels if there is any interference. Finally, if you ever lose radio signal or battery power, an electronic failsafe will bring it to a safe and controlled stop. You'll have professional-level control in one easy RTR package!
The awesome Nitro Star F4.6 engine from the legendary Savage 4.6 monster truck provides all the grunt needed to get the Trophy Truggy up to wild speeds - it's extra-loud, super-powerful and mightily strong, so you'll be able to rip off huge stunts like record-setting long jumps, backflips, tall jumps, even double backflips! The F4.6 engine will give you eye-opening acceleration and crazy top speeds! The engine is started by a simple pullstarter system and is protected by a unique water splash cover and 2-stage air filter for extra protection, and the two-needle carburretor allows you to fine-tune the performance for any kind of weather or fuel.
The Nitro Star F4.6 is the perfect match for the Trophy Truggy, with its subdued grey CNC-machined heatsink head, finned aluminum case, composite-body slide carburettor and full range of tuning adjustments to let you tune it for all weather and track conditions. On the inside, the F4.6 has true ABC construction, with a chrome-plated brass piston and cylinder surrounded by the lightweight aluminum case. To get you going quickly, the F4.6 uses a pullstarter system, and a large opening on the underside of the chassis allows you to utilise a starter box for even faster engine starting. If you want to upgrade to simple engine starting, just install the #87130 HPI Roto Start 2 engine starting system for push-button engine starting!
One HPI Trophy 4.6 4WD 1/8 scale Glow Powered Truggy Racer RTR with a .28 cu in Engine with Pull Starter, Body, Decals, 3-channel 2.4GHz Radio, Instructions and eight AA Batteries
Glow Fuel: Car blend with 10-20% nitro content
Building and track equipment
- Factory-assembled & pre-painted 4WD nitro racing buggy
- 2.4 GHz radio system for crystal-free, comfortable control
- Waterproof receiver/battery box protects battery and receiver from the elements
- Waterproof laydown steering servo for low CG and awesome handling
- Waterproof throttle/brake servo
- Covered air filter keeps water away from the air intake
- Low center of gravity (CG) design for great track performance
- Strong and reliable Nitro Star F3.5 engine with 2.5hp
- Strong engine mount and large flywheel opening for starter boxes
- Easy and simple pullstarter for instant action
- 4mm 6061 aluminum chassis has angled sides for extra stiffness
- Thick 6061 aluminum shock towers are strong and durable
- Thick steering brace for increased chassis stiffness
- Low-profile aluminum radio tray securely mounts servos
- Race-tuned suspension design for awesome traction
- Extra-long, oi-filled shocks with aluminum shock bodies
- Multiple shock and camber link locations for extra race tuning
- Steel turnbuckle links allow you to custom-tune the ride
- Tough front bumper protects against crash damage
- Extra-large 160cc fuel tank gives you plenty of runtime
- Powerful, adjustable & vented front and rear steel disk brakes
- Strong fibre brake pads for longevity and fade resistance
- HB Proto tires look fantastic on black chrome wheels
- Intelligent fuel line routing to keep things neat and tidy
- Cast aluminum steering knuckles for increased strength
- 17mm hex hubs resist stripping out and are hollow for light weight
- Slick racing bodyshell is prepainted and cut out for instant race looks
- Adjustable mounts for the wide racing wing
- Extra suspension mounts included for tuning options
Track Width Front/Rear (from center of tires): 365mm
Drivetrain: Full-Time Shaft 4WD
Review Summary (Based on 5 Reviews)
Even though I was told about my item to be back order however I am pleased with the prompt service I have received.