Hobbico radio controlled, glow powered, Ready-To-Fly, NexSTAR Select .46 trainer airplane. For Beginner Modeler/Fliers.
With such features as AFS (Active Flight Stabilization), SpinControl Airfoil Extensions, SpeedBrakes Training Flaps and much more, no other trainer offers so much help for the first-time pilot. In addition to the airplane, radio, and engine, this package also includes a RealFlight NexSTAR Windows PC disc with transmitter interface to use with the included Futaba radio allowing the modeler to practice and perfect their skills without risking the airplane.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: CenterCore Molded Composite Main Wing Rib maintains perfect alignment and includes a built-in aileron servo mount, wing halves are joined with a steel rod.
- Flat bottom high mount configuration
- One-piece, all wood precision airfoil with SpinControl Airfoil
- Extensions provide lift even in a stall to keep the NexSTAR level and the pilot in control.
- PivotFlex Wing Mounting System fastens with one nylon bolt, a rubber retainer and pivoting channel absorb minor jolts of normal use, more severe jolts cause the wing to separate from the fuselage and escape the full force of impact.
- Airspeed Restrictor: SpeedBrakes Training Flaps attach to forward section of wing near fuselage and hold airspeed to a minimum to insure smooth landings, removeable as pilot skills increase
- Covering: Polyester based heat shrink, color scheme is White and Red with Silver accents. True Red TOPQ0227
- Engine: Pre-installed O.S. Max .46AX (7.5cc) with High-Speed
- Needle Valve extender/limiter that limits the movement of the
- High-Speed Needle to prevent engine from being run too lean.
- Engine is mounted on IsoSmooth Mount to isolate airframe and radio gear from damaging vibration
- Radio: Futaba 4YBF 4-channel FM radio with(micro) square trainer port
- AFS (Active Flight Stabilization) that actively searches for any signs of instability and takes immediate action to correct them.
- This system uses on-board electronic sensors that detect instability-just release the sticks and AFS does the rest.
- Sensitivity is adjustable as pilot gains flight skills.
- Landing Gear: Duraluminum SnapGear Quick Landing Gear Mounts (US
- Patent #6,886,780) lock in place with a snap and provide the strongest landing gear of any trainer, also easily removeable
- Aileron Control: Single standard size servo, wings are built with dual aileron servo trays for future upgrades as skills increase, can also be equipped with flaps
- Tail Mounting: EasyAlign System guides parts into place automatically in perfect alignment without tools
- Propeller: 11x5 nylon, black in color with painted tips to aid visibility-available separately, HCAA3744
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 20 minutes
- Warranty Period: Hobbico guarantees this kit free from defects in both material and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component part damaged by use or modification.
The NexSTAR also carries the Success Flight Guarantee which states" "You will successfully learn how to fly with the NexSTAR or we will replace it with your choice of any Hobbico trainer of up to equal value." The terms are as follows:
- Must fly at an AMA chartered field
- Must fly with a qualified AMA club instructor
- Must be within 60 days of purchase date
- Must provide a statement about the crash with signatures from the pilot and instructor
Note: The Success Flight information is covered on pg 27 of manual.
Minimum System Requirements for the Nexstar Simulation Software:
Windows XP, 2000, Me or 98 Second Edition
**NOT Compatible with Windows Vista**
Note: Window 98 First Edition is not supported with the NexSTAR simulation software Intel Pentium 300 Processor or equivalent 3D accelerated video card with 8MB (or more) RAM
Optimum System Requirements for the Nexstar Simulation Software:
Intel Pentium 600 or equivalent
STRONG RECOMMENDATION of 3D accelerated video card with 16MB (or more) RAM
Note: The NexSTAR disk included in this kit is NOT compatible with any version of the RealFlight Add Ons Volumes.
Pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies,
2-56 threaded pushrods in lengths of 31", 31", 17", 15" (GPMQ3716) pre-bent main landing gear with three 2ï¾¾" (70mm) foam main wheels, steerable nose gear, IsoSmooth aluminum and rubber engine mount, 9.1oz (270cc) fuel tank, 2ï¾¼" (57mm) plastic spinner glow plug, 11x5 nylon propeller, RealFlight NexSTAR disc with transmitter interface, O.S. Max .46 AX engine, Futaba 4YBF
4-ch radio system with Tx battery (FUTM1440) Rx battery (FUTM1295)
Charger (FUTM1830), AFS Dual Conversion Receiver,linkages, and and photo-illustrated instructions.
Model airplane fuel
Building and Field Equipment
Charging Rx and Tx batteries with included charger for 12 hours each