With the Hobbico TwinStar ARF, you're just a few hours away from enjoying twice the flying fun of a single-engine model even if you've never flown a twin before! Smart engineering not only makes final assembly fast and familiar, it also offers maximum flying security and stability. If you're ready to step up to the excitement of twin-engine flying, Hobbico's TwinStar ARF is the best way to do it!
The Hobbico TwinStart ARF is unlike other twin-engine planes, there is no shared fuel tank or servo; each wing has its own fuel tank and servo, so the failure of one engine won't affect the other. Underneath the high-quality, iron-on film, the fuselage and wing feature solid, interlocking wood parts that combine durability and light weight. The TwinStar's wing attaches easily at the field with nylon bolts and is removed just as quickly for the ride home.
Even with its dual engines, the TwinStar handles much like a single-engine R/C plane of comparable size. Careful positioning of the centerline ensures that the TwinStar is still flyable even if one of the engines stops! Open the box and you'll discover that virtually all of the TwinStar's major assemblies are prebuilt and precovered, with lots of hardware provided. The plane's innovative design takes the guesswork out of mounting the twin engines.
In addition to protecting the fuel tank, servo and engine for each wing, these preformed nacelles also speed assembly. After attaching them over the wing's leading edge the nacelles become an integral part of the wing structure. With fuel tanks and engines in each wing, throttle pushrods and fuel line installation is kept straightforward and simple. As a result, there's ample room in the fuselage for on-board gear.
Includes: Pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, pre-bent 0.16" (4mm) tricycle landing gear, three 2-3/4" (70mm) wheels, two engine mounts, two fuel tanks, two 2" (51mm) spinners, wood servo trays and wing joiners, hardware package, engine nacelles, photo-illustrated instructions.
Engines: Two .20 - .40 cu in (3.3 - 6.5cc) 2-stroke OR two .26 -.30 cu in (4.2 - 4.9 cc) 4-stroke
Muffler: Sports-Style supplied with engine
(Engines mount in an upright position)
Servos: 5-Standard (1-Aileron, 1-Elevator, 2-Throttle, 1-Rudder)
Y-Harness: One, for throttle servos
Misc. Items: Glow plug, 1/2" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel, fuel filters, propellers, building and field equipment.
Wingspan: 56" (1420mm)
Wing Area: 560 sq in (36.1 sq dm)
Weight: 5 - 5.5lb (2270g - 2490g)
Wing Loading: 21-23 oz/sq ft (64-70g/sq dm)
Length: 50" (1270mm)
Airfoil: Semi-symmetrical, low-wing placement
Center of Gravity: 3-1/4" (83mm) Back from the wing's leading edge
Elevator: Up & Down 3/8" (9.5mm)
Rudder: Right to Left 1" (25mm)
Ailerons: Up & Down 3/8" (9.5mm)
Elevator: Up & Down 1/4" (6mm)
Rudder: Right to Left 7/8" (22.5mm)
Ailerons: Up & Down 1/4" (6mm)
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: Two piece balsa and plywood joins with plywood joiners, attaches with nylon bolts, left and right engine nacelles must be attached
- Engine Nacelles: Constructed of plywood, covered and trimmed
- Covering: Factory applied, iron-on, color scheme is White with Red,
- Blue and Black stripes on wing, fuselage and tail sections, Black sections simulate cabin windows
- Radio Compartment: Plywood reinforced, accessible from bottom of fuselage where wing attaches
- Cowling: Pre-painted fiberglass, White with stripes applied
- Landing Gear: Fixed tricycle style with 0.16" (4mm) diameter wires
- Wheels: Foam, three 2-3/4" (70mm) diameter
- Aileron Control: Single servo
- Spinners: Two 2" (51mm) constructed of plastic, Red in color
- Engine Mounts: Two nylon, adjustable
- Fuel Tanks: Two, approximate 4oz (120cc) capacity
- Building Time: Ready To Fly in several hours
- Hardware: Full set included
- Warranty Period: Hobbico guarantees this kit free from defects in both material and workmanship at purchase date. This warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification.
- Hobbico TwinStar .25 Twin