This is the new Novak 2S Ballistic Boxx VTA Edge ESC and Boss 25.5T Motor Race Combo. VTA racing has been leading the charge at series events and tracks across the nation. The search for the most race-ready and competitively priced system can leave a racer confused and frustrated. Novak is proud to introduce their answer to the perfect VTA system.Features:
- Pro-level motor with cooling vents for improved airflow and lower operating temps
- Full onboard programming for quick and complete customization: Drive Tuning: Drive Frequency, Minimum Drive; Brake Tuning: Brake Frequency, Drag Brake, Minimum Brake, Brake End Point; Additional Tuning: Dead Band, Reverse Disable, Motor Rotation, and Voltage Cutoff
- Onboard Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and optimum controllability
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Completely rebuildable design with removable shielded sensor harness, rotor, sensor assembly, wound stator, bearing cap, hardware, sleeve and both end bells
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support, and warranty (120 days)
- Affordable race performance combo approved for USVTA racing
- Compact and lightweight ESC design and fits in vehicles with tight spaces for electronics
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's operating temperature at any time
- NovaBrakes provide smooth, controlled and powerful brakes under any condition
- Water-resistant case with a silicone gasket case to help keep the elements out
- Adjustable motor timing for fine-tuning the motor's feel and powerband
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- Designed and manufactured by Novak Electronics in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs and motors are 100% tested to ensure product works right out of the box and on the track!
The VTA favorite and race-proven ESC, the Edge Brushless ESC, has been paired with an updated 25.5 turn motor: Novak's new Ballistic Boss VTA Edition motor. Novak has added improvements from the new Vulcan motor to the original 25.5 turn Ballistic VTA motor to create the new Boss VTA 25.5. Using the Ballistic 25.5 stator ensures VTA racers have the same proven power platform as the original Ballistic 25.5 motor, but with cleaner assembly, a new look, cooling vents and an unbelievable price!
The Edge has been a favorite ESC among all forms of non-timing spec racers. The race-proven roots and small size have pushed both Spec and VTA racers to the tops of podiums across the nation. The Edge uses the same basic firmware package as the Novak GTB 2, but packed into a smaller package that is the base platform of the Impact pro-level ESC. The Edge features no dynamic timing advance, so it is approved for all forms of non-timing, non-ramping spec mode racing. Pre-Installed, high-efficiency 14-gauge wires and gold plated copper motor connectors will have your VTA ride on the track in minutes!
With its compact and lightweight design, the Edge is ideal for all 1/10 and 1/12 scale applications, but is especially suited for vehicles with little room for electronics. With a footprint 35% smaller than the GTB 2, Novak’s Edge is sure to fit in any vehicle. But don't let its small size fool you; this is a true feature-packed ESC.
In addition to utilizing the same software as Novak's popular Sportsman class GTB 2 ESC, the Edge also boasts an easy, "Plug-and-Play" set-up and a low profile heat sink. No soldering. Just plug it in and start racing!
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 2S LiPo/LiFe cells or 4-7 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
Size (in/mm): 1.15" x 0.95" x 0.66" (29.0 x 24.3 x 16.8 mm)
Weight (oz/g): 0.69 oz. (19.5 g)
On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00057 ohms @ 25?C trans. temp.
BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
Wire Size (GA): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire and gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed
Status LEDs: 5
540-Size: 10.5T or higher sensored
380-Size: all sensored
Motor Turn: 25.5T
Motor Size (540): 2.07" x 1.41" (52.6 x 35.8mm)
Motor Weight: 6.2 oz. (175.8)
Shaft Diameter (inches): 0.125
Kv (Unloaded): 1,550 RPM/volt
Magnetic Material: Sintered Neodymium