Novak Eiger mountain towers amongst the giants of the Swiss Alps topping some 13,000 plus feet. Let Novak’s Eiger 2S/3S Crawling Brush ESC #1835) power you to mountain-high adventures as well! The tiny Eiger is packed with all the features you need, and is easier to use and more adjustable than any ESC in its class. Tuning on the rocks is as easy as 1-2-3. No programmers or wires to fuss with! With four on-board adjustments, the Novak Eiger Crawling ESC can be customized to suit any type of crawling.
The Eiger is compatible with 2S LiPo packs and has a built-in, heavy-duty 2-amp BEC that will power high torque single servo setups with ease. The Eiger is also compatible with 3S LiPo packs! Simply install an external BEC and enjoy the wheel-spinning good times of 11.1 volts! Yee Haw!
A pro version is also available. The Novak Eiger Pro 2S/3S Crawling Brush ESC #1836) includes Novak’s High-Voltage Universal 3-Amp BEC Module #5463), and sports superior transistors for unmatched on-the-rock performance. If you'require the best and fastest on the rocks, the Eiger Pro can handle a 20-turn motor on 3S with no problem.
NOT JUST FOR CRAWLING
The Eiger and Eiger Pro ESCs come ready to crawl, and will default to the normal rock crawling settings: forward and reverse with high-power drag brake. Not only can you adjust the power of your Drag/Hill Brakes via the simple on-board programming, but you can turn them off completely. This will set the speed control in normal “Basher” mode with forward, brake, and reverse operation -just like a regular, non-crawling ESC! it's the best of both worlds. Crawling and bashing!
COST-SAVING CRAWLING COMBOS
The Eiger 2S/3S Crawling ESC is paired with either Novak’s affordable Terra Claw Crawling Motor or one of three higher performance Rock Star Crawling Motors. The Rock Star motors are Sagami-built with high-quality materials, are rebuildable, and provide maximum torque needed for rock crawling.
EIGER/EIGER PRO CRAWLER BRUSH ESC FEATURES
- Designed especially for the demands of crawling vehicles to maneuver over the toughest terrain, and also works great for non-crawling applications
- Compact and lightweight design
- Compatible with Novak Terra Claw, Rock Star and other 540-size & 380-size brush motors
- 4 adjustable parameters: Brake Power/Throttle Mode (5 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Drive Frequency (5 settings), and Voltage Cut-Off
- Water-resistant case with silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-In Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry prevents damage to LiPo batteries (auto detects 2S or 3S)
- Built-In 6V output for optional accessory fan or other detail items such as running lights
- User friendly One-Touch programming interface with four multi-colored status LEDs to help personalize the speed control's settings
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter set-up
- Heavy-duty, internal 2A BEC for high-torque single servo applications. Don’t let the specs fool you—all ESC’s BECs are not created equal. The Eiger’s 2A BEC will go toe-to-toe with many other higher rated units. The#1836 Eiger Pro includes an external 3A BEC for 3S battery pack usage.
- Three ESCs in one—The Eiger & Eiger Pro have a non-crawling, Basher Mode and can be used in any 1/10th, 1/12th, 1/16th, or 1/18th application with a 20T or higher brushed motor. Additionally, each ESC has a Servo Mode for forward and reverse directions (no brakes) that can be used for robotic applications.
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's operating temperature at any time
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- Plug-and-Play—The Eiger is factory-wired with Tami® battery plug & gold-plated Bullet motor plugs. The Eiger Pro is factory-wired with gold-plated Bullet motor plugs.
- Factory installed power capacitor
- User-replaceable input harness
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed, assembled and tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
Motor Compatibility: Brush
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F/Drag Brakes/R (crawling modes); F/B/R (basher mode); F/R (servo mode)
Input Cells: 2-3S LiPo or 4-9 NiMH
Size: 1.15? x 0.95? x 0.66? (29.0 x 24.3 x 16.8 mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 0.64 oz. (18.1 g)
On-Resistance: 0.0013 ohms (Eiger); 0.00036 ohms (Eiger Pro)
Motor Limit (540): Eiger: 20T or higher (2S); 35T or higher (3S) brushed motor
Eiger Pro: 20T or higher (2S or 3S) brushed motor
Motor Limit (380): Any 380-size brushed motor
BEC: 6V DC / 2A
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Battery/Motor Plug: Eiger: Tamiya-style battery & gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed
Eiger Pro: Gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed. No battery plug.
Status LEDs: 4 (multi-colored)
Review Summary (Based on 1 Reviews)
I was stoked with the delivery time.The eiger pro is a grouse esc just a lot of work to set it up.