This is the Novak Associated Version 4.5T, which includes a 4.5T Ballistic 550 Motor and a 12T 32-Pitch Pinion Gear, and is recommended for the Associated SC10 4x4 Short Course Vehicle.
Havoc Pro SC Brushless ESC:
- Compatible with all Novak 540- and 550-size brushless motors
- Fourteen adjustable parameters: Minimum Brake, Drag Brake, Minimum drive, Timing Level, Timing Set Point,
- Dead Band, Throttle Curve, brake Curve, Brake Frequency, Brake End Point, Drive Frequency, reverse, motor rotation, voltage cutoff, hall sensor test
- Approved for ROAR Sportsman Class Racing
- Dynamic Timing Advance increases motor's RPM dynamically through throttle band for higher speeds, eight on-board adjustments from 15º- 42º.
- NovaBrakes provides instantaneous braking under any timing condition with no delay
- Temperature indicator displays ESC's temperature after each run via a blinking LED by tapping the One Touch button
- 3-amp BEC for strong and fast steering response
- Water resistant case
550 Ballistic Brushless SC 4.5 Turn Motor:
- ROAR approved for 4WD Short Course racing
- Extra long stator and rotor magnet delivers twice the torque of an equivalent 540 motor
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Completely rebuildable with interchangeable stator construction that allows easy experimentation at the track and reduced racing costs
- Nickel-plated sintered Neodymium rotor with 5mm pinion shaft that accepts all existing pinion gears
- Adjustable timing to help retain previous settings
- 120 limited warranty on both components through Novak beginning at date of purchase
Novak has piled on numerous new features to completely reinvent the Havoc Pro SC. From its smaller case and new cross-cut heat sink to its completely redesigned software, you won't even recognize it! Among the Havoc Pro SC's many new features is its Dynamic Timing Advance™. This electronic motor-timing feature has eight adjustable timing settings and increases the motor RPM dynamically throughout the throttle band. The additional RPM, in turn, results in higher speeds and improved speed control performance. Moreover, Novak added a timing indicator LED, which will illuminate white whenever timing is activated. This feature will help aid club racing events that run timing and non-timing events.
To combat overheating while timing advance is activated, Novak has upgraded its Thermal Overload Protection™ feature. If the ESC starts to overheat, the speed control will turn off the timing advance. If ESC's temperature continues to rise, a second thermal-protection feature will engage. This feature drops the speed control's power to 25 percent, so drivers can safely maneuver their vehicle off of the track. This refined protection feature is exclusive to Novak's newest sensored speed controls, like the Havoc Pro SC.
On top of that, Novak is introducing a temperature indicator that alerts racers of their ESC's temperature after each run. This indicator is so accurate that many racers use it in place of a temperature gun. A quick tap on the One Touchï¾™ button at the end of a run will display the speed control's temperature via a blinking LED.
Another feature that originated with Novak's design team is the patent-pending NovaBrakesï¾™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous braking under any timing condition. Additionally, the brake response is incredibly smooth and immediate at any speed or throttle position, ridding the ESC of brake delay. In short, this new braking system has completely transformed the feel, response and use of traditional brakes.
Ballistic 550 Stators are available in 8 winds: 4.5T-13.5T
Combined with the NovaBrakes™, Novak has refined the Havoc Pro SC's brake and drive frequency settings, and added a brake end point adjustment to provide drivers with unparalleled brake and throttle tuning options. The brake and drive frequency settings allow users to experiment with a softer or heartier brake and throttle input.
Additionally, Novak has equipped the Havoc Pro SC with a Hall Sensor Testï¾™. When activated, this test quickly verifies if the sensor harness and sensor in the motor are functioning properly without any risk to the ESC or motor. This Hall Sensor Test is an invaluable tool when troubleshooting at the race track.
Novak's 550-sized motors are a powerful complement to the sophisticated Havoc Pro SC. The Ballistic 550s are so dominant because of their extra long stator and rotor magnet. In fact, the stator and rotor magnet are twice the length of 540-sized motors, giving them twice the torque of an equivalent 540 motor. Additionally, these larger-sized motors run cooler and more efficiently than their 540 counterparts. On top of that, the Ballistic 550s are allowed by ROAR for 4WD Short Course racing. And like the Ballistic name implies, these motors are completely rebuildable and feature interchangeable wound stator construction.
Please note that although some Ballistic 550 motors can be run on 3S, these Havoc Pro SC/Ballistic 550 systems can only be run on 2S.
Installing in vehicle and connecting to receiver and battery