Novak M2 Dig 3S/Dual Rock Star 45T Motor/BEC Combo.
Picture the functionality and utility of two Novak Goat Crawler Speed Controls in brushed mode and Novak's Dig Unit; now, envision it in one highly programmable, inexpensive speed control and you get the first-of-its-kind, dual-motor compatible M2 Dig Dual Brush ESC. Combined with two brushed motors, the M2 Dig independently controls the motors to perform dig maneuvers. In addition to standard digs, the M2 sports independent biasing of the front and rear motors to allow for precise maneuverability through tricky terrain, and exceptional control on steep inclines and downhill descents. The M2 ESC is compatible with any Super Crawler dual-system rig, such as EnRoute's Berg, Integy's Super and Unlimited Class of crawlers, and Clod Buster-based vehicles.SPECIALIZED DIG
The small and light M2 is easy to install and operate. There are three fully programmable throttle profiles:
- Dig Mode is the standard mode. It uses drag brake to create dig. This mode requires a proportional switch or a simple three-position switch to operate.
- Proportional Dig Mode. Using the third channel on a three-channel surface receiver, Novak's patent-pending, proportional dig software allows drivers to fine tune the amount of power supplied to the individual motors. This innovative feature provides seemingly endless mixing between the vehicle's two motors.
- Single Motor Brushed Mode is for drivers with single-motor crawlers. This mode allows drivers to solder all four motor wires to one brushed motor for improved performance in single-motor applications. This mode uses a standard two-channel operation for single or dual-motor control. A third channel is required for dig operation.
In addition to crawling applications, the M2 Dig ESC is ideal for applications that require two motors, such as robots, boats, tanks and submarines.ONBOARD AND PC ADJUSTABILITY
All three of the throttle profiles can be easily adjusted through Novak's tried-and-true onboard setup. There are four PCB-mounted LEDs to aid in programming and two different-colored external LED indicator lights - located at the ends of six-inch harnesses - that visibly display when a motor is locked and the vehicle is ready to dig. Additionally, the M2 Dig ESC can be fine tuned via Novak's fully adjustable PC interface, the Novalink (#5440). The Novalink software is purpose-built for crawling and assists in adjusting the speed control's programmable features.
The powerful speed control also comes equipped with instant reverse via Novak's Zero Reverse Delay, which provides immediate power delivery in both forward and reverse directions.NO MODIFICATIONS NECESSARY
Like Novak's Electronic Dig Unit, the M2 Dig ESC does not require any vehicle modifications to install or operate. Simply plug it into any three-channel surface receiver, and you're ready to crawl! The M2 Dig ESC is easily programmed into most three-channel transmitters, such as the Spektrum DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface Radio, Airtronics M8 and M11 RC radios, and a Traxxas (TQ-3) transmitter. (The Traxxas (TQ-3) transmitter must be modified with a three-position auxiliary switch to operate with the M2.)Features:
- Â Fully programmable, user-friendly interface with five adjustable parameters: Drag Brake (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings) and Battery Type Selection (3 settings - Li-Po, Li-Fe and Ni-MH)
- Â Independently powers the front or rear motors in a dual-motor crawler vehicle
- Â Applicable for dual-brushed motor or single-brushed motor applications
- Â Built-in PC connection with new Novalink for expanded programming
- Â Internal high-voltage five-amps switching regulator to provide six volts of output without overheating the speed control
- Â Universal JST Input Plug for Ch 2 and Ch 3, which fits all popular brand receivers
- Â Water-resistant case with gasket seal
- Â Thermal Overload Protection