The sport of Rock Crawling has become a major part of the R/C world, and Team Novak is proud to introduce their newest and smallest brushless rock crawling ESC to the crawler line up, the Timbuk2 Crawler Brushless ESC - 2S. This small, and lightweight ESC is paired up with Novak's 18.5T Ballistic Crawler Brushless Motor for a high-performance, cost-saving combo.
- Complete on-board programming-no programming cards needed
- Compatible with 2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-7 NiCd and NiMH cells
- Rock Boost electronic timing advance increases motor RPM at full throttle in clockwise and counter clockwise motor rotations
- Three types of Hill/Drag Brake to hold the heaviest crawlers on the steepest inclines
- 6V output for cooling fan or other items such as running lights
- Medium duty 2A BEC for high-torque single servo applications
- Compatible with 540-size and 380-size Novak crawling brushless motors
- Ten adjustable parameters: Hill/Drag Brake, Minimum Drive, Dead Band,
Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency, Reverse End Point, Drive
Frequency, Novak Rock Boost, Motor Rotation and Voltage Cut-Off
- Designed to work with Novak's rock crawling Ballistic and older style super sport crawling motors
- May also be used with a non-crawling 10.5 turn or higher sensored brushless motor
- Heavy duty solder tabs
- Easy to adjust timing assembly
- Color-coded hand wound stator identifies number of motor winds
- 0.125" (3.2mm) pinion shaft accepts all existing pinion gears
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Meets ROAR and IFMAR specifications
- 12.3mm nickel-plated sintered neodymium rotor for maximum performance in high-temperature conditions
- Completely rebuildable allowing upgrades or replacement of various parts
- 120 day limited warranty (through the manufacturer) on both components through Novak beginning at date of purchase
Basic operation of the ESC remains similar to its predecessors the Goat 2S and Goat 3S, but Novak has taken the advice of rock crawlers and completely updated the braking adjustability and other features of the Timbuk2. New brake adjustments means even more control and response from your crawler. With the Timbuk2 / Ballistic Crawler Brushless System (#3225) you'll quickly find you have no need for pricey 3S LiPo batteries, as you will have both stump-pulling torque and drag-racing top speeds!
A feature that is central to the Timbuk2 is the complete on-board programming. No extra devices, plugs or cards are needed to maximize the features of this ESC. The Timbuk2's easy-to-use button and LEDs will guide drivers to their desired setting and allow them to make changes ON THE ROCKS! But have no fear, if adjusting and tuning is not your game, the setup out of the box works extremely well. You can tune anything from the strength of the brakes, to how smooth the throttle response is, and even the rotation of the motor. With dozens of combinations, the Timbuk2 has what you've been searching for in a Brushless Rock Crawling ESC.
In addition to its compact and lightweight design, the Timbuk2 uses advanced MOSFETs that are incredibly powerful, yet small in size. This has allowed Novak to create a powerful ESC that boasts tons of powerï¾—all in a shockingly small package. The Timbuk2 footprint is only 1.15" x 0.95" and weighs in at a paltry 0.69 oz, making it 40% smaller than the Goat 2S. Additionally, the Timbuk2 is essentially two ESCs in one. When it is used with a standard brushless motor, the Timbuk 2 utilizes the Novak Edge ESC non-crawling software and can be run down to a 10.5T sensored brushless motor.
One Novak Timbuk2 Crawler Brushless ESC, Tamiya Battery Plug, Bullet Motor Connectors, 18.5T Ballistic Spec Brushless Motor, Sensor Wire and Instruction Manual