This is the ParkZone P-47D Thunderbolt BNF Airplane.
Affectionately dubbed "The Jug," the P-47D Thunderbolt was a swift, multi-role fighter that was as much of a menace to ground targets as it was enemy aircraft. The P-47D Thunderbolt’s armored cockpit, rugged airframe, and eight .50-caliber machine guns allowed its pilots to fly into the teeth of heavy fire, devastate a ground target and still make it home despite significant damage.
ParkZone has brought The Jug back to life with this stunning scale recreation that comes with details like molded panel lines, a simulated radial engine, and a realistic 404th Fighter Group paint scheme. it's even set up to let you easily add the option of functional flaps and retractable landing gear.
You can bet the ParkZone P-47D Thunderbolt flies every bit as good as it looks. The E-Flite 30A Pro brushless ESC and 15-size brushless motor are pre-installed for you and will provide more than enough power for sport aerobatics and high-speed strafing runs.
Best of all, you can have this Bind-N-Fly version flying in the time it takes you to bind its Spektrum AR600 receiver to your full-range DSM2/DSMX aircraft transmitter and charge the included battery pack. A minimum of 6 channels will be required if you want to add the optional flaps and retractable landing gear.
4+ Channel DSM2/DSMX compatible Transmitter. 6+ Channels are required for flap and retract functionality
For Retracts: 10-15 size electric retracts (EFLG100). For simple installation, also use the pre-bent struts (PKZ5317)
For Flaps: two (2) SV80 servos (PKZ1081)
Wingspan: 42.2 in (1070mm)
Overall Length: 36.9 in (940mm)
Flying Weight: 40.0 oz (1130g), 42.5 oz (1200g) with retracts and flap servos
Motor Size: 15-size 950Kv BL Outrunner
CG (center of gravity): 60.0mm from leading edge at wing root
Prop Size: 9.5 x 7.5
Speed Control : E-flite 30A Pro Brushless
Recommended Battery: 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: 7mm up/down; High: 11mm up/down
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: 8mm up/down; High: 12mm up/down
Control Throw (Rudder): Low: 15mm left/right; High: 20mm left/right
Control Throw (Flaps): Half Flap: 15mm down; Full: 25mm down
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
- E-Flite electric retracts ready (retracts sold separately - EFLG100)
- Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX AR600 full range 6-channel receiver installed
- Powerful 15-size brushless outrunner motor installed
- Includes removable fixed landing gear and steerable tail wheel
- Durable and lightweight Z-Foam construction
- Full 4-channel control: aileron, elevator, rudder and throttle
- Optional flap control (requires two servos - sold separately)
- E-Flite 30A Pro brushless ESC installed
- 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LiPo battery and balancing charger included
- Includes clear protective belly skid for gear-off landings
- Ready to fly in minutes
- Requires a full range DSM2/DSMX aircraft transmitter (sold separately)
- This models one of the many available for the Phoenix RC Flight Simulator
- ParkZone P-47D Thunderbolt