This is the Traxxas Rustler XL-5 RTR Combo. This Combo includes an XL-5 ESC, Titan 12T Motor, TQ 2.4GHz Radio, and Battery. The best-selling Traxxas Rustler has continued to be a proven favorite with a formula for rugged fun that nothing else can touch. The Rustler blows the doors off the competition with smoother control, more power, better grip, and performance that makes it one of the fastest Ready-To-Race electric trucks available.
- Traxxas TQ 3-channel micro receiver (TRA6519)
- Waterproof receiver box
- Powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan.
- High-performance waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control.
- Three Drive Profiles: Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse, Race Mode - Forward / Brake, and Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors
- 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- Large heat sink
- Click here for more info.
- Efficient Magnum 272 three-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Revo-spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Reliable planetary gear differential
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis.
- Speed control and waterproof receiver box are securely fastened to chassis
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- Durable solid camber links eliminate the need for adjustment
- Alias step-pin rear tires and front Alias ribbed front tires offer superior off-road traction
- New ProGraphix multi-colored painted body is available in red, blue, black, and white
- Rustler is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
- Waterproof electronics permit driving in water, mud and snow
- High-torque Waterproof Traxxas #2056 steering servo
- Rustler reaches speeds in excess of 35mph using the included optional 28-tooth pinion gear*
- Innovative watersealed design
- Integrated on/off switch
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- New large axle carriers with 5x11mm oilite bushings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Telescoping U-joint driveshafts
- Gray chassis components offer a fresh look
- Easy access battery compartment
- White powder coated shock springs feature a new responsive spring rate
- Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
- Rustler's tires include performance foam inserts and they come re-glued on mirror-chrome 2.8" All-Star wheels
- Wing is securely attached to the body with precision hex hardware
- Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
The Traxxas Rustler rips off-road with its powerful XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, Titan 12-Turn modified 550 motor, and Revo-spec Torque-Control slipper clutch. It's made for full-throttle, power-sliding, aggressive driving fun and off-road action—and not just in the dirt! With Traxxas' exclusive waterproof electronics, Rustler can mow through mud, blast through puddles, and shred snow. Your R/C adventures are limited only by your imagination. And with a top speed of 35+mph*, the Rustler simply leaves everything else back on the work bench.
Only Traxxas could put this kind of innovation, performance, and overall value into a Ready-To-Race package that delivers the kind of satisfaction you’ve come to expect from a high-performance electric stadium truck. Durability, speed, and stunning looks are what make the Traxxas Rustler a cut above the rest. Traxxas' "no-nonsense" approach and forward thinking brings you the most performance for your R/C investment. Whether you're at the park or on the track, the Rustler delivers sophisticated performance and handling that makes the race track anywhere you want to drive.
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts when they first released their exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx. This new technology provides the freedom to drive where you want to drive through mud, snow, water, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn't have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Rustler is Ready-To-Race with this waterproof technology. The new XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Rustler.
The Traxxas Rustler is 100% Ready-To-Race right out of the box, and is fully loaded with innovative performance features, like the advanced Revo-spec Torque-Control slipper clutch and the Titan 12T Motor. The Titan 12T 550 modified motor is designed for incredible mod-motor power output with virtually maintenance-free operation, and long-lasting performance. The Titan 12T 550 motor's integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through the motor to keep temperatures down. Airflow is routed through vent tunnels molded in the motor plate. A cooler running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life. The patent-pending design delivers smooth operation, precise adjustment, and consistent traction control.
What would the best-selling stadium truck be without a class-leading high-performance electronic speed control? The waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control offers EZ-Set one-button setup, high current handling, and smooth high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, thermal shutdown protection, low voltage detection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. The XL-5 is the first electronic speed control that has the exclusive Traxxas Training Mode that limits full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the mighty Titan 12T motor. The Traxxas Rustler is perfect for drivers of any age and experience.
With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on a drive. There aren’t any channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage and its ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving.
Traxxas didn't stop there. The Rustler's durable, fiber-composite chassis offers an inline battery position for a low polar moment of inertia and was designed for exceptional rigidity. That's engineering speak that translates into lightening-fast response and nimble handling. The low-profile "lay-down" steering servo mounting system further enhances the Rustler's already low CG design.
The Traxxas Rustler delivers superior cornering and stability thanks to its centered kingpin and live axle front suspension. Transmitting the power to the wheels is an efficient 3-gear variable-ratio transmission, topped off with smooth-running telescoping driveshafts and sealed ball bearings. In addition to those advanced features, the factory-installed planetary differential is Traxxas-tough with hardened steel gears that never need adjusting! Perfect for long-lasting, all-day fun. Just take the Traxxas Rustler out of the box, charge up a battery, and drive!
This version of the Traxxas Rustler sports a stunning 6-color ProGraphix body and decal set. At the corners you'll find a set of bold 2.8" mirror-chrome All-Star wheels wrapped with performance-engineered tires, pre-glued, of course. The precision-engineered tread patterns and rubber compounds were designed to meet the performance requirements of the 65+mph Traxxas Jato (Nitro) so they are sure to provide Rustler with excellent traction. Alias step-pins at the rear and sharp-edged Alias ribbed tires up front hug the corners for a solid, planted feel.
One Traxxas Rustler XL-5 RTR Combo with a Battery, TQ 2.4GHz radio system, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control and ProGraphix painted body.