Originally released in 1988, Tamiya has given the 4 wheel drive Avante (2011) the special re-release treatment just like other re-released buggies such as the Buggy Champ and Hotshot. Here is a brief introduction of the improved points.
- Chassis: 0.08" (2mm) thick carbon fiber, double deck configuration
- Drive: Four wheel shaft with pin-secured wheel axles
- Body: Polycarbonate with wing and chassis fairing
- Motor: 25 turn brushed
- Electronic Speed Control: TEU-104BK, TAMM4541
- Shocks: Oil-filled with gold colored cylinders and bottom caps for easy maintenance
- Shock Stays: 0.14" (3.5mm) thick carbon fiber
- Suspension: Front and rear multi-link double wishbone, adjustable metal arms with radius arm protectors and rear anti-roll bar,
- Differentials: Front and rear planetary, center ball diff
- Tires: High-grip pin spike with foam inserts
- Wheels: Front, 1" (25.4mm) wide, 2.2" (57mm) diameter
- Rear, 1.4" (35.5mm) wide, 2.2" (57mm) diameter, also four 1.4" (35.5mm) wide, 2.2" (57mm) diameter cam-loc wheels with wheel caps
- Caster: Adjustable caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the chassis
- Caster: Adjustable, caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the chassis
- Steering: Bell-crank type with servo saver and adjustable linkage
Main frame material has been changed from FRP to carbon fiber.: Original FRP upper/lower decks have been replaced with 2.0mm thick carbon fiber decks to further increase chassis strength and rigidity. Chassis layout is optimized for installing modern R/C equipment.
Carbon Fiber Rear Damper Stay: Rear damper stay is thicker than the original and its material has also been changed to carbon fiber. Left and right stays are connected to further increase rigidity.
Assembly Universal Shafts:WO universal shafts are used for both front and rear to reduce friction loss.
Easier Damper Maintenance: The gold-colored oil damper cylinders feature bottom caps for easier maintenance such as replacing o-rings.
Durable Polycarbonate Body Shell: The body, wing, and chassis fairing have been made with polycarbonate for superb off-road durability.
Wheel Axle/Clamp Type Wheel Hubs: Wheel axles have been changed to standard pin-secured type. In conjunction with aluminum wheel hubs, secure wheel attachment is possible. The hex wheel hubs enable attachment of off-road wheels such as Item 53880 Large Dish Wheels (4WD/Front, 62/25) and Item 53881 Large Dish Wheels (Rear, 62/35) in addition to the original cam-lock type wheels.
Duralumin front knuckles: The original die-cast front knuckles have been replaced with duralumin knuckles to further increase strength and durability. New knuckles feature the same shape as the original.
Compatible with a wide range of battery packs: The Avante (2011) is compatible with a wide range of Tamiya battery products such as Ni-Cd, high-capacity Ni-MH, and lightweight LF battery packs.
Latest R/C Systems: The Avante is compatible with all Tamiya R/C systems including the 2.4GHz systems.
The Original Packaging is also Revived!: The package for this re-release model comes with the same design and dimensions as the original Avante. In addition, just like the original Avante, all the parts are stored in blister packs. The "Avante" logo and rear wing sticker will remain the same as the original. Other stickers will be of a new Tamiya design.
Includes: Tamiya Avante 2011 Off-Road Buggy Kit with ESC, 25T motor,
oil-filled shocks, 22 tooth pinion, set of tradional buggy wheels, set
of cam-loc wheels, spike tires with inserts, body, decal sheet and
Radio: 2-channel with one steering servo
Battery: 6-cell stick pack with standard connector
Charger: AC/DC Timed or Peak for 6-cell battery