This is the new Tamiya Vought F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage 1/32 Scale Electric Airplane.Features:
- Decals included
- Armament includes Mk. XLI bomb rack
- Synthetic rubber tires feature authentic tread patterns
- Comes with stand to depict the aircraft in airborne state
- 2-piece engine cowl is removable even after completion
- Comes with 2 sets of rear fuselage parts to recreate initial or late production aircraft
- Photo-etch parts included
- Main landing gears can be depicted in raised or retracted position
- Comes with 2 figures to depict pilot in seated or standing position
- 3 sets of markings, painting guide and masking sticker to cover "birdcage" canopy
- 12-page commemorative booklet included
- Includes parts to construct canopy in open or closed position
The F4U-1 Corsair was a truly unique aircraft, with a massive 4m propeller and a powerful 2,000hp engine, not to mention its highly characteristic inverted gull-wings. In October of 1940, the F4U-1 Corsair was the first American fighter to achieve a speed of 400mph (around 640kph). Initial production models of the Corsair featured a striking canopy called the "Birdcage". The aircraft took part in operations from February 1943, and with its powerful 12.7mm machine guns proved to be a formidable opponent for the Japanese Zero Fighters.
In order to capture the aircraft as accurately as possible, Tamiya engineers and designers not only measured, inspected, and examined the real aircraft at five different museums across North America, but they were also given access to Northrop-Grumman's blueprints. The result is a precise and highly detailed 1/32 scale model of the F4U-1 Corsair.