This is the 1/14 scale Tamiya Mercedes-Benz Actros 1851. The 2012 'Truck of the Year' award-winning Actros series is the flagship of the world's leading truck manufacturer, Daimler of Germany. This is Tamiya's highly accurate R/C assembly kit of the rear-wheel drive single axle Actros 1851 GigaSpace, which runs on a 12.8-liter 6-cylinder turbo-charged engine capable of 510hp.
- Construction type: assembly kit
- Terrain use: on-road
- Drive-train: 2-axle semi
- Drive type: gearbox
- Drive line: solid axle
- Differential type: gear
- Suspension: leaf spring
- Steering mechanism: bell-crank
- Shock damper: friction damper
- Shock damper material: aluminum
- Tire type: rubber
- Tire tread: radial
- Body material: ABS Plastic
- Chassis material: plastic
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC): not included
- LED Light buckets: yes
- LED lights: no
- Motor: 540-brushed type
- Bearings: metal bushings
- Adjustable camber: fixed
- Adjustable toe angles: fixed
- Adjustable ground clearance: fixed
- Adjustable gear ratio: 3-speed transmission
- Adjustable wheelbase: fixed
- Adjustable track width: fixed
- Adjustable shock angle: fixed
- Ladder frame chassis can be linked with a semi-trailer via coupler.
- Highly-realistic suspension recreated with metal leaf springs and friction dampers.
- Built-in differential gears enable smooth cornering.
- LEDs can be used to accurately recreate the truck’s front and rear lights. (Sold Separately)
- Float-mounted die-cast front axle and reinforced resin rear axle
One look at the splendidly-detailed interior and auxiliary equipment such as air tanks will confirm that the body features replica-quality realism, which is added to by metal transfers depicting emblems and numerous metal-plated parts. The chassis is built not only for durability - it uses aluminum side channels with resin cross member - but also for drivability - power from the front-mounted motor is transmitted via propeller shaft to the rear axle and built-in differential gears guarantee smooth cornering. Gear changes can be made via a separately-sold transmitter.
Heighten the realism of your model yet further with separately-available trailers that can be tethered to the Actros by its coupler and make the model over a meter in length! The Tamiya 1/14 scale R/C kit faithfully captures all the detail of the full size rig using ABS plastic for the body parts and a 3-speed, shift on the fly working transmission.
7.2 battery & charger
4-channel radio gear
Electronic Speed Control
TS plastic model paint