R/C fans have long been modifying their machines into rock crawlers. Tamiya has followed this growing segment with interest and they are proud to present to you the fruits of their research.
This new crawler features a true-to-scale Toyota Land Cruiser 40 body made from lightweight polycarbonate mounted on an all-new CR-01 chassis and is literally ready to rock. CR-01 dedicated crawler chassis features heavy-duty ladder frame with strong yet lightweight pressed aluminum channels and resin cross members.
- Chassis: CR-01 dedicated crawler chassis with heavy duty ladder frame pressed aluminum channels and resin cross members
- Drive: Four wheel shaft drive
- Motor: 540 size
- Ball Bearings: Full set included
- Shocks: Oil-filled, compressed via pushrods and rocker arms
- Gearbox: Planetary type with 20 tooth pinion gear for a 40.5:1 gear ratio, separately available 16 - 25 tooth pinion gears for gear ratios ranging from 50.6:1 - 32.4:1
- Transmission: Single speed
- Tires: Rock crawler type 4.9" (125mm) diameter, 2.2" (56mm) wide with foam inserts
- Wheels: Plastic 3-piece beadlock 2.8" (71mm) diameter, 1.4" (35.8mm) wide, black in color
- Body: Lightweight clear polycarbonate
- Bumper: High impact front plastic
- Suspension: Four link coil spring front and rear
- Differential: Planetary gear
- Steering: Adjustable, direct link with servo saver
The space saved by mounting a compact planetary gearbox enables the battery to be located lower on the chassis for optimum center of gravity. Planetary gearbox comes with a 20T pinion gear for a 40.5: 1 gear ratio. Separately available 16T-25T pinion gears can be installed for gear ratios ranging from50.6: 1 to 32.4: 1. Kit also includes 540 type motor while 2-channel R/C system, ESC, and7.2V battery & charger are separately required 4-link coil spring suspension provides the flexibility needed to conquer difficult rocky terrain.
Inboard dampers are connected to suspension via linkages, which are then connected via stabilizer torsion bar to provide sure-footed balance. Newly designed 3-piece beadlock wheels are mounted with massive rock crawler tires with125mm diameter and 56mm width. These work together with the suspension system to generate an impressive amount of ground clearance.
Includes: Tamiya Toyota Land Cruiser Rock Crawler chassis with 20 tooth pinion gear, oil-filled shocks, 540 motor, 3-piece beadlock wheels, body, tires, decal sheet, spur gear, instructions
Radio: 2-Channel with 1 Servo
Electronic Speed Control:
Radio Batteries: (8) AA size
Battery: 6-cell stick pack w/standard Tamiya connector
Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
Misc. Items: Paint, building and track equipment