This is the 1/8 scale Tekno RC EB48 4WD Electric Buggy Kit.
Differentials and Drivetrain Features:
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis
- Super narrow chassis – widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) from mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy electronic removal.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low COG.
- Designed to be electric from the ground up – no nitro conversions here!
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Single pack configuration is better balanced, lighter weight, and makes battery changes easier. Battery tray accommodate 2x2s packs.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and minimal wear.
Suspension and Steering Features:
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Innovative cone piston design (not just tapered) provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- cornering and on-power steering.
- Optional spring rates and spring kits are available.
- 5mm CNC 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
Motor Mount Features:
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ’0 steering slop’.
- Front/rear sway bars are the same length = less parts in your toolbox.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles are lowered by 5mm.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side, rear hubs can be used on either side – less parts in your toolbox.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Use motor brakes or mechanical brakes, the choice is yours.
- Use standard MOD 1 pinion, Tekno RC Traktion Drive or Elektri-Clutch.
- Easily accommodates ‘Truggy’ or ‘Long’ can motors up to 78mm long.
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precise dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- High downforce wing included.
- Full set of option parts avaialble.
- Lightweight easily adjustable wing mount system.
- All metric hex hardware.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- Sub-7lb running weight easily achievable
- 7.5lb RTR weight with common electronics and options.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep,
roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump
steer, suspension geometry out of the box.
2/3 channel radio/transmitter
1/8 Scale ESC and motor
High torque steering servo, optional brake servo
Pinion or Traktion Drive / Elektri-Clutch system
4-6s LiPo battery
1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
Paint for body
Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools